Thread: Headlight Wipers on a kompressor

Headlight Wipers on a kompressor

I'm retrofitting headlight wipers on my 99 Kompressor with no luck on getting them to work.. When I got close they'd turn on only when the windshield wiper switch was full blast and that was the only speed it would allow. I disconnected it then the headlight wiper quit when I wired it exactly the same.. The wires on the wiper motor are blue,brown, red, black. The ones from the stalk are yellow, white, pink with stripe(I figured out power the switch for windshield wiper), blue(control windshield wiper speeds) I think purple, black n maybe one more but the yellow, pink striped, and white are thicker so must be the hot ones. The rest are really thin. Any help would be great!!

Any help? I have the power and ground hooked up but the brown and blue aren't working because I only have a blue wire on the left wiper. ..

Nothing? ?

The tiny wipers are meant to be working when this condition occurs; press the wash/wipe switch with the headlights ON.

Have you hook them up to the relay?

You can use the standard 5 pole relay (silver), found in older Mercedes or a dedicated headlamp wash/wipe relay (green) , with sockets.
    The set up is pretty much the same except the dedicated relay has the built-in delay, eliminating the chance of wipers not returning to the proper park position.

The relay set up is this

pin 1 circuit 87 - headlight ON input (from headlight harness, circuit 58R protected by RHS sidemarker taillight fuse) connect this to pin 2 of each H/L wiper motor.
    pin 2 circuit 87a - connect to pin 5 of relay
    pin 3 circuit 30 - connect to pin 1 of each headlamp wiper motor
    pin 4 circuit 86 - wash output from combination relay (can be wired parallel to the winscreen washer pump) - aka headlight wiper relay INPUT
    pin 5 circuit 85 - relay ground

headlight wiper motor connector; pin assignment
    1 - output from pin 3 of relay
    2 - headlight on (pin 1 of relay)
    3 - ground
    4 - output to headlight washer pump

The little wipers will do 2 wipes then stop. The washer pump works while the wiping is in action.

I recommend you use the pin 3 of relay to connect the headlight washer pump, since the pump draws a bit of current and may slow the wiping action down of that motor. If the output from relay is used to activate pump, the pump will work as long as the wash switch is pressed.