Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polyurethane Ebay Front lip review. only $99? to good to be true.

Overall I like the way the stance is. You're right the rear needs something, not sure if facelift rear will blend well but you can play with it. I too, need the same thing but haven't fully decided whether
    I should go with the C36 rear. I have a rear bumper cover C36 replica sitting in my backyard (fiberglass).

Quote Originally Posted by SD202 View Post
    Yeah , I like it more than the last lip and it doesnt have a split in the middle but I do want to eventually get bumpers. I need the facelift rear at very least.

If only parts from the facelift rear were compatible with the prefacelift rear without modification... I have just the rear lip from a facelift that I don't need.

Last edited by Vetruck; 02-05-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetruck View Post
    What sideskirts are those? Is that the factory black lower body just painted? That front lip looks great, The back I posted previously from the same EBAY company would be a perfect match. Im ordering both of them
    these are OEM facelift side skirts from a 98 C230k they are actually 143 arctic white and not my color which is 149 polar white lol. and yes the rear is just a pre-facelift bumper but painted to match on the bottom. Post up once you get the rear bumper skin and how its fitment is once you get it. Im undecided on that or just a face lift bumper. Not sure. both are fairly cheap.

Last edited by Vetruck; 02-05-2013 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetruck View Post
    I do not know the cars well enough yet to even know there was different bumpers,etc. I knew the bottoms were different but did not realize this "facelift and non-facelift" between options or years. I have a 94 so I assume obviously its a standard non-facelift car since it does look plain.

Where would I buy those Facelift skirts (I know you said they are 1998 c230)? Is from the dealer the only place or used? or is there an OEM afterrmarket company selling them or knockoffs in decent fitment?

ALso, is 1994 polar white?
    there are many aftermarket options but most of them are amg replica pieces. The facelift W202 started in 97 with the 98 year model's introduction in the US. The only way you're going to get OEM facelift side skirts is through the dealer, through a friend, or a junkyard find ,there are many junkyards and dismantling companies selling on ebay also. Just keep your eye out for them if you're dead set on the facelift side skirts. Their are other options though. And if you're color code is 149 then yes that is polar white.

bro order the rear:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/94-00-BENZ-W...b9930b&vxp=mtr

so i can see if it looks good so i can order it too..haha..ur the test dummy
    "anyone can drive a new car, it takes a true enthusiast to breath life into an older one"

Quote Originally Posted by chimchongdlight View Post
    bro order the rear:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/94-00-BENZ-W...b9930b&vxp=mtr

so i can see if it looks good so i can order it too..haha..ur the test dummy
    I really like the shape of the facelift rear end so thats what im really after. Idk why but I dont like the look of this one. It cuts in to much towards the sides. the C36 rear does have those indents but still I do not like the way they look. I only went with the lip as a cheap alternative for the time being.

Gotcha. Yea im not sure if i like this rear either, which is why i wanted to see it on ur car first. Haha

I would totally get the facelift rear if the lip went all the wat around. But it cuts off in the middle which sucks. So i think im gonna go with the c36 rear with c36 sides and my reiger front. Hopefully it looks good bc i havent seen anyone with that setup
    "anyone can drive a new car, it takes a true enthusiast to breath life into an older one"

Quote Originally Posted by chimchongdlight View Post
    Gotcha. Yea im not sure if i like this rear either, which is why i wanted to see it on ur car first. Haha

I would totally get the facelift rear if the lip went all the wat around. But it cuts off in the middle which sucks. So i think im gonna go with the c36 rear with c36 sides and my reiger front. Hopefully it looks good bc i havent seen anyone with that setup
    its only $99 bucks if you want to see what one looks like buy it and put it on your car. should look great though as the c36 rear and sides will flow together nicely. they hang a tad lower than all other options should accent the rieger nicely as it also hangs lower than any other lip or bumper offered for W202. If the rieger rear wasnt so gawdy and ugly i would have picked up one of those.