Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stock ignition timing for Kompressor engine?

Sure you can use my map on your own risk. But like you said you have higher CR so be careful. What kind of gasolene are you using, I use 98 RON pump gas.

I have seen headphones too and even big aluminium plates attached to plastic tubes for listening to the knock but the M111 original knock sensor must be the best sensor. My ECU can listen to the knock sensor but I haven't used it yet because I want to control the ignition myself.

I'm using 95 fuel. i have started the car today but didn't get stable idle , now i think my problem is the VE table(fuel table).
    like if it idle at 1000rpm or anything lower it will die after few sec , but it it idle at 1300 !! it will stay there and won't go under 55kpa MAP. Maybe my problem is with injector configuration , do you know the exact injecters size (is it 290cc) ? at what pressure ?

Try putting constant values in the VE table in the idle region from 0 to 1000 (1200?) rpm at loads from 30 to 60 kPa. You can put higher ignition advance under the desired idle rpm so the rpm won't drop lower (e.g. 15 deg@800 rpm and 10 deg@1200 rpm). The ignition advance influences the idle rpm and the stock ECU has dynamic 5...13 degrees advance in the 650...850 idle rpm range.

I don't know the stock injector size for 200K or 230K. If you have Bosch injectors, the flow could be found somewhere, I have a list of some Bosch injectors. The stock M111 fuel pressure regulator gives 4 bar pressure so 290cc@3 bar gives 334cc@4 bar, which seems reasonable.

My engine idles at around 50 kPa, for me that's OK. Is your cam advance ON or OFF at idle? Have you got a wideband lambda meter or other meter to check the fuel mixture? Does the engine sound like the mixture is too weak at 1000 rpm or is it choking?

The constant values idea is great will try it tomorrow. I have raised the advance at 700rpm to 15 but it keep oscillate between 700-1100 but if the MAP reach 70-80kpa it dies.(raising the VE values lower the MAP but raise the rpm)
    my cam advance is off, today i wired my wideband but didn't have exact values as the idle wasn't stable(but at some point it show 10 and 16!!!)will datalog it next time.
    At the 1000-1100rpm idle engine seems fine for few seconds but then drop to 700 and the go back to 1100 (without the advance at 700 it dies). Idling above 1200 stay stable with now problem.

If the MAP goes to 70-80 kpa your throttle might be too much open or you have air leaks in intake manifold, gaskets etc. What MAP do you have at 1200 idle? Maybe you should start with 1200 idle and tune ignition and VE down gradually. What is your target AFR at idle, I use 14,7 (lambda=1)?
    Last edited by tomant; 09-28-2012 at 01:29 PM.

i have started the car after fixing the throttle body and recalibrate the tps. now i'm getting stable idle at 950 rpm with MAP at 30kpa. Thanks for the advice on ve values
    test drove the car for few minutes with 5800 limiter and cam advance off ,just need to fix few small problem (keep bogging when hit the throttle , i had similar problem with the old setup raising the fuel pressure fix it)
    my target AFR at idle it 13.9 , video for a small drive:

i have datalog my run will post them later
    Last edited by yzn; 10-03-2012 at 07:48 AM.

just to update this, and too see if you got any new news !

the car had been running great , just retard the timing at high kpa because now i'm using 90octane fuel
    but the good news i have add launch control (still under testing) and fix the kickdown (converted to an on/off toggle switch)
    and installed an intercooler which really help to drop MAT from 65C to 35C

What program did you use to tune everything?