Thread: New knob

New knob

GOt tired of my loose shift knob and disnt wanna pay 60+ dollars for an orm one. Paid 20 bucks for this razo knob Off CL
    "anyone can drive a new car, it takes a true enthusiast to breath life into an older one"

That sucks man. Mine came with 3 different adapters. None of them really fit to be honest. Had to modify and cut a little off one of the adapters to make it fit and dab a little glue. No big deal. If i have to pull it off. The glue will come off bc its glued on the shiny metal shifter. But all in all im happy with it. Not like its a manual. I just touch it once or twice while driving
    "anyone can drive a new car, it takes a true enthusiast to breath life into an older one"

i changed mine too... picked this up on ebay for like 10 bucks...

but looking at that picture i think that was the first one i ordered... looked like burl wood instead of zebrano which my car came... imma check my current one, snap a pic of it and post it in the morning....

Sweet. I wanted to order a brabus one on ebay. But still hella money. Even the fake ones. Maybe one of these days

That is standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetruck View Post
    Whicipong, Where did you get the black compartment slot that you have in place of the cassete holders? Very clean and more usefull approach on interior function

As for my knob, I went with a black and chrome unit. Ill show install pictures in due time when I finish my "custon Center Console" project. I am waitng on several parts shipments still for various interior parts= I want to get those fitted and see how the overall look is progressing before I order anything else. I do not want to trash the car up by over doing things

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-BEN...31a09e&vxp=mtr

That's not standard. Mine came with the 6 cassette holder too. You can find them at the dealer for cheap.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Came standard in mine too

Speaking of cd changer. Anyone know how to pull it out? I dont use my changer anymore. And i can sure sentht spot for something else.

Like the new knob,I just changed mine with one out of a s-600,same wood grain as in my dash.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetruck View Post
    Whicipong, Where did you get the black compartment slot that you have in place of the cassete holders? Very clean and more usefull approach on interior function

As for my knob, I went with a black and chrome unit. Ill show install pictures in due time when I finish my "custon Center Console" project. I am waitng on several parts shipments still for various interior parts= I want to get those fitted and see how the overall look is progressing before I order anything else. I do not want to trash the car up by over doing things

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-BEN...31a09e&vxp=mtr
    Mines setup just like his.