Thread: Insurance write off for a dented door

Insurance write off for a dented door

Some clown decided to pull out of a side road and t bone me it's really dented the passenger front door and put a tiny dent in the rear and scratched the rear qtr. and the insurance company have written it off as a cat c total loss and payed out £800 (cheeky twats) I bought it back for £60 cos they wanted to crush it. I'm getting it fixed for £200 I bought a door in black for £30 how can that be a write off the car is a minter. But it's going to look like new when it's painted and I get all the rust spots done.
    The insurance asseser said cos of the mileage it wasn't worth repairing. The engine has never missed a beat and has full service history and I've had it a year done well over 10k and not spent any money on it.
    99my c230 kompressor sport manual

those insurance pigs just wants you in a new car so you could pay more...

the insurance will quote pricing for replacement/new parts (as they can not/will not ok used or recycled parts) and they go on a percentage of the cars actual value and if the repairs are more than 60-75% of cars value then it is totalled....as you have found out you can always fix for less, but insurance does not want a lawsuit if they use or quote pricing on previously used parts and they fail.....

I'm going to start my own insurance company called NOSURE it's really cheap