Thread: IR Door/trunk number

IR Door/trunk number

Does anyone know the part number of the IR sensor on the preface lift models. I'm looking for the one that is in the driver's door handler and the trunk.

dont know the part number but you can get it at your local dealership. just a heads-up they are EXPENSIVE! i was looking at replacing mine and it just wasnt worth it. i was quoted $500 for the trunk and $700 for the driver door.
    1997 C230

if you look at your local funkyard you can buy used ir sensors.
    i did this when i changed to colorcoded doorhandles, bought used ir sensors, work perfect on 99 car, must be the same for a prefacelift car.

i dont think pre-face had IR sensors....

$500 for a sensor man the dealer would sucks you dry if they could. I'm see If I can find one at a junk yard. what happened was that from the cold the protective plastic started to chip and water got in it, I tried to clean it with the electric cleaner but it didn't work. the one at on the rear view mirror works fine and the trunk one goes out when is cold out side. Oh well I will ask the dealer and see what price they will give me. Here is Maryland is hard to find a junk yard that have our cars.