Thread: carbon fiber/ grey ashwood dash trim and steering wheel question:

carbon fiber/ grey ashwood dash trim and steering wheel question:

This will be short, but what are some easily swapable "sport/race" looking OEM/junkyard or eBay-sourced factory steering wheels? I've seen factory or 3rd party race-style wheels for Mercedes that have the thumb grips and the aggressive styling, but fit as factory. This is what I'm looking for. The conditions I'm looking for are picking up one won't be ridiculously outrageous, swapability can be easily done by a shop (I don't feel comfortable doing the swap myself), it utilizes either the stock airbag or the airbag from another model in the other wheel will function right with minimal or no changes.

The thing with the steering wheel on my car is it is so worn out that someone at some point totally yanked off all the leather wrap and padding. The wheel itself LOOKS very clean, it's just the leather is all gone. All that is left is literally the gummy vinyl rubber rim. I put on a grey/vinyl simulated wood wheel cover for now, but it's not really my thing. I've heard of this thing called a steering wheel cap for our cars, but I'm not interested in doing one in wood. If this would be the most cost effective way to both fix the wheel and get like a carbon fiber wrap in the 12 and 6 o' clock positions, I'd do it.

I also was curious about dash trim kits. I'm really going for the euro tuner look on my car, and trying to deviate from the luxury boat/grandma look. I like my benz, but the luxury boat look it still has in some aspects I want to ditch as much as possible. I want to do a REAL carbon fiber kit or that dark grey ash???wood I've seen in newer benzs. Can install on these kits be done by an individual with no prior experience and is it relatively easy? Also, if anyone knows where I can find that grayish ashwood-style kit, I'd prefer to pick that one up.

Thanks!
    96 Black C280 (Black Vixen) - Sold/Retired 10/13

I no longer own a w202 and I kick myself in the head every day for it...

For safety reasons I wouldn't buy Ebay crap steering wheels.
    They have to be genuine MB s-w.
    Get yours retrimmed with new leather or rewrapped with carbon fiber, might be steep?

Regarding your interior trim you can search on ebay for faux eurotrim panels.
    I have a centre console for sale.
    you can install folding mirrors, power rear blind, on/off switch for other electronic gadget?
    Wodden trim isn't that hot in a w202 if you want it to look like Sporty James, I mean Sport version.