Thread: brakes question

brakes question

My rents are letting me use the 98 c230 for the winter while I put my car down to be built.

The brakes apparently need to replaced on the Mercedes. I am auto savvy as I have a Turbo rsx and have done the brakes on that before.

So on the merc how hard is it? Is there a DIY thread somewhere?

I'm just going to get duralast brakes from vatozone. Probably just going to have the rotors resurfaced.

I also notice that it has a brake sensor. Will that need to be replaced too? All four? Just Just at the fronts?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koreo View Post
    My rents are letting me use the 98 c230 for the winter while I put my car down to be built.

The brakes apparently need to replaced on the Mercedes. I am auto savvy as I have a Turbo rsx and have done the brakes on that before.

So on the merc how hard is it? Is there a DIY thread somewhere?

I'm just going to get duralast brakes from vatozone. Probably just going to have the rotors resurfaced.

I also notice that it has a brake sensor. Will that need to be replaced too? All four? Just Just at the fronts?

Thanks
    Nothing special on doing brakes on a W202, and the sensors are reusable.
    ====================
    VISIT THE W201nW202 YOUTUBE PAGE:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/W201n202

1999 Mercedes C230 Kompressor / Rust Bucket, No MODS
    2001 Mercedes E430 Sport
    2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid
    ====================

You should inspect way around the surface of the brakes and its sides for any concentric scoring and defects. When defects are found, replace your rotors. Because any rotor discoloration is due to overheating and it should be carefully inspected.