Thread: Teaser: Stock to real Nardi/Personal Steering Wheel Conversion...

Teaser: Stock to real Nardi/Personal Steering Wheel Conversion...

My steering wheel is really tired, with some previous owner thinking it was a good idea to rip off the leather on the previously wrapped wheel. My car is also salvage...so my hopes of the airbag system in an accident working is not very high. Hence my open-ness to do this upgrade/mod.

Was flipping through eBay tonight and I came across a brand new Italian perforated leather Nardi 330mm drift classic deep dish steering wheel for under 100 shipped. The seller was in Thailand selling wholesale...and being an owner of a personal/Nardi wheel on my altima...I was aware these things sell for 175+ starting in the states for the crappy polyurethane wheels. The offer was too good to pass up, so I bought it tonight while I couldn't really sleep. They also do make a momo hub adapter for our cars, and I got that for a steal at 75 bucks with free shipping. Just because I know the steering wheel controls like the cruise control selection an turn signal lever come out and at a distinct angle, I bought a hub spacer in case the steering wheel doesn't clear the control levers. It gives me about a half inch clearance.

Unfortunately because the steering wheel is coming from out of country, I won't have any pics to show except from the listing until early next January. The rest of the stuff is coming from within the US, but I won't be able to do the install until the wheel shows anywhere from 12-30 business days from now.

Goodbye tired airbag wheel, hello sexy sport Nardi one!

Comments? Opinions?

P.S. This is going to be my last significant mod for quite awhile. I'm pretty much out of play money until probably mid next year. Also if anyone on here has gone from an airbag to non airbag wheel, how on the 202 do I get the horn and horn button working? On my altima this was a big deal to me and because nobody in the altima community had messed with putting a non-airbag wheel on that car, I paid a fabrication shop to splice into the steering column wiring harness to relay a wire to the horn button. I'm hoping I won't have to do something as invasive, but if I have to I will.
    Last edited by vixen_w202; 12-20-2012 at 05:07 AM.

I've done it.

Hub is Momo 6008 from Crowders.

Wheel is NRG.

Airbag needs 3.3 ohm flameproof resistor.

This needs to be installed in place of the airbag. Do this with the BATTERY DISCONNECTED.

Horn functions as it should. The NRG wheel comes with a horn button you can use. You will need to change the connectors on the horn button to connect to the stock wires.
    Last edited by nhmercracer; 12-20-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Is your horn functional, and if yes how did you do it? I'm one of those people that even if I'm going to drive around without an airbag I want my horn working.

See above.

With the exception of the fact I'm going with a different steering wheel, I have the same hub. Where can I purchase this "3.3 ohm flameproof resistor", where does it install and how much is it?