No I have not gotten to this car yet. I have other projects still going and unexpectedly come accross a deal on an RV last month. I will be getting to this car build but other things keep taking up my time and this is a low priority since nothing is wrong with the car currently. I have two other cars that need attention first- TIming chain on the Caddy, and brakes on the truck, then I am pulling and overhauling the generator on the motorhome when I get my next individual free days. Got to get the honeydo list out of the way before I have fun doing fun modifications- its all about time and priority.

I am also on the fence what wheels I plan to buy for this car- so with that said, if the brakes are not going to show with a wheel choice like a w210 Monobolck then I will probably just leave the stock brakes since they work decent. I really do not drive this car much unless the little lady and I go out to dinner together or such- I am rarely in the car by myself- it has become her daily driver. I am building it more for her with the Brabus bodykit and some nice wheels- but I will put very high end coilovers on it for handling safety and ride comfort, as well as I can set the ride height exactly where I want it prior to installing the wheels and bodykit. So the coilovers are definately going to be ordered once I get the other vehicles out of the way. I can then keep it at current height with the stock wheels and then later lower it to the Brabus kit once I install that and the wheels together. I do not like hammered stock looking cars- they look silly. However, I am not putting the kit and wheels on unleess I can set the ride height at that time to fill the fender gaps and tune/correct supension geometry properly when I do so.

Believe it or not, I am actually now debating doing some Lorinser LM6 fanblade wheels in sliver w/chrome lip with the Brabus kit- I still do not know. I will cross that bridge before summer though definately. I would like to have this car done by then. But like I said, right now it's all about free time- so I will update things when I actually do them. I still jump on here once in a awhile researching and learnig this car- it is new to me- I have no experience buidling anything like it and am learnign what is availiable for it by doing posts lke this- I keep finding more options to aid in my final decissions. When I do it though, it will all be at once and not a drawn out process. When I start something I like to finish it quickly. The interior was a priorty and is finished, I have only had this car about 5 months but immediately cleanedup what was faulty with it so she had a reliable and decent looking car, especially on the inside where a few things were broken and/or worn and damaged.

I am definately going with an inverted shock-why? because I want to retain a good ride ratio and keep the unsprung weight low. I also want a monotube shock but am on the fence if I want to spend the money on 1way or 2way dampers- the race driver in me keeps saying 2way, its just instictive, but I keep thinking its a luxury car and it will never see any track used ever so just do the 1way rebound adjutable units- that is probably what I will do. I also do not weant to have issues of monoball uper mounts knocking on me ove rtime and her complaining about solid shock mount noise, however I am also on the fence about using quality dampers with just a simple ruber bushing mount that will still cause some undampered movement- decisions, decisions.

Next decision is I have been researching goemtry correction options like these offset bushings- They will help with both front and rear wheel/fender clearance when making especially the important front camber corrections whe the car is lowered.
http://www.k-mac.com/pages/newprods/...ercedes_05.htm.

I lastly have the issue of coilover/wheel clearance on the fronts. I have hasd this issue with a few Gm cars so I know what to anticipate. I first off need to figure out what spring rates I plan to use. Alot of the generic coilover kits use a 16.7kg (935 lb) front spring and ab 11.8kg (661 lb)rear spring for a heavier noses C280. I want to retain lighter weight factory swaybars and not lock up the suspension to retain ride quality, but to aid in cornering I want to use a very high qualty rebound damper with a little higher rate springs on the lighter nose weight C220. I am looking to go 950 lb fronts, and 750lb rears to losen the rear end a little and ge tthe car to rotate going into a corner.....then... if those rates work/ or not, I will order some better high end barrel shape coilsprings in the rates I will decide on after I gather some test drive info on that setup. Barrel springs have more coil wire in the design and have a far better frequency and rate stability than the conventional coilover springs the kit will provide. I just also need to see if a barrel spring will fit up front and not rub the chassis or the wheel/tire assembly.

Still researhing things so when I do put the hooks out I am prepared and educated on what is out there for my best decissions.
When I do things, I do them right- its all about educating myself first and sleeping on that knowledge and choices, not just impulse buying and then later regreting when you find their was a better way.