Thread: Installed Non-Airbag Wheel.

Installed Non-Airbag Wheel.

Decided to pull the trigger on this project after some kind prior owner thought it was a great idea to yank off all my leather off my stock airbag wheel.

Thanks to other forum members and their kindness/advice I can't recall at this time in their assistance in this project.

Took less than 20 bucks in tools from harbor freight, took a total of 2 hours to do and YES the horn works.

Unfortunately yes the wheel is some sort of horrible knockoff of a nardi but I got it cheap and for now it works fine.

Last edited by vixen_w202; 02-10-2013 at 07:52 PM.
    96 Black C280 (Black Vixen) - Sold/Retired 10/13

I no longer own a w202 and I kick myself in the head every day for it...

I kinda like it! Nice work.

I really like it Bryan. It reminds me of the 1995 C280 (Elegance) that I was going to use as my first car. It had a similar wheel and all sorts of mods on it when I went to check it out/do the paperwork. The wheel you have there is much nicer than what the 95 had though; it looks like it matches the interior better than it did on mine especially since you have that C36 AMG seat for it to sit in front of. I really have to say, you are doing a good job (from what I have briefly read on some posts) on your car. C280 is a really nice car and I think you are bringing a good middle-ground between the elegance and sport.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	249982589.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	949