I'll make this short as some people here complain my posts are too long, but I'm considering pursuing a long-term project and will slowly buy parts over the next several months as finances permits.

I've had experience with this in the past on an older vintage musclecar, but I'd like to take out the old instrument cluster and make my own panel with custom gauges.

What this cluster needs to do is:

1.) Function similar to the stock cluster by being able to show the right mileage registered on my car:

2.) Show the basic warning/service lights. Some are kinda pointless to me like the burnt bulb light (because I have LED bulbs), some of the accessory lights for the wipers, ABS...etc. To me it's not a big deal if I have all the ones on the stock cluster, but I at least want check engine for smog purposes.

3.) I'm willing to ask for help, but I need a wiring diagram of the instrument cluster harness so I can understand and figure out where to splice the wiring into the new gauges. I will probably get some help from some local car buddies once I commit to cutting into the harness so I know I'm doing it right and it works properly

4.) I'm open to suggestions for gauges that are both compatible for the wiring in our cars and are either a euro brand or look euro-ish. I kinda like Defi gauges, but they don't make a speedometer and they're also really pricey.

5.) I'm not sure what gauges I should get. I want to have more information as to what's going on underneath the hood...and in the next couple years I have plans to rebuild/upgrade the motor. However I want to keep this conversion as simple as possible without running additional wiring and making it a headache. I def. need a fuel gauge and speedo which I would like to have go a min of 180 and a decent tach with an integrated shift light. The shift light is kinda pointless for me right now but much later on I want to do a manual swap and having that would help. But what other gauges I am unsure of.

6.) Not really sure how to make/fabricate/assemble a cluster housing that would look modern and fit in the existing hole and look kinda factory. I'm open for opinions and suggestions.

I know this project seems kinda pointless and time consuming, but I'd really like to do it if I could get the proper help and input. Keep in mind, this is not going to happen overnight....lots of buying parts slowly and planning will need to be done.

Thanks.