Thread: Seat working Intermittent

Seat working Intermittent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, All First post, The car is a 1999 C230 kompressor some times when you go to get into car and you go to move the seats driver and passenger with the door open you cant move either seat. I have tried starting the car up with the door open and they will not move. close the door car running still will not move. After you drive off and are moving for about a minute you can then move the seat I have wondered if it was after the doors lock that the seat would move but its a few seconds later that the seats move. I have take the fuses out and checked them and they are ok. Has anyone ever had this problem ?

In Charge
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

i have a similar problem. it used to be that whenever the car starts, the seats doesn't work till probably 15 min into driving. recently the situation worsen and now only 3 out of 10 times of the car firing up, the seat adjustment would work.
    talking to 1995c280 about this he told me my seat motor is on its way out. though we never further discuss this or look deeper into it. so i don't know how correct this would be.

Thank you Deniasoul, and Trymolan for your reply. I do not think its the seat switch since both seats will not work at the same time, Then they both start working. I posted it on another forum and a fellow said that the 1998 car had the same trouble but he has not heard of the 1999 have this trouble. He said that there is a relay in the trunck that was the trouble.Ross

i've got the same issue here. it's either all working or all not working. if u do come across more details of that relay in the trunk, let me know. i would like to fix this problem since my passengers has been constantly complaining about the position of the seat.

Hi All, Thanks for your help I will post a link to a thread over on the other fourm. It appears to be a seat relay thanks to Phil over at mercedes shop part he had the number # 0025422219 it is $26.00 . Hope this helps I have ordered 1 and I will let you kown if it works. Also the relay is in the fuse box under the hood . Thanks Ross

Here you go guys, I hope this helps. I have the same problem with both of my w202's:

http://mb.ilcats.ru/part/class/1/cco...p/82/subgr/465
    Silver 2000 C280 Sport
    Silver 1998 C280 Elegance
    Dark Blue 1995 C280 Elegance (Totaled by Dealer on first day; gone)