Thread: Suede Headliner

Suede Headliner

so i started the suede headliner i finally finished all the trimming and cutting and glueing of all of the parts but it was a pita to get all the old foam off the headliner.

I was trying to vacuum all the loose foam with my shop vac

steel brush helped alot but there were alot of stubborn areas.

here it is with most of it off

but it came out pretty good ill post pics of it installed tomorrow.

also Japanese plastic > German plastic, just about every damn plastic trim on this car that i touch just falls apart i just completely covered the sunroof shade ill cut the holes out later when i can afford $120 for a handle and 2 vents..

I did do all A ,B and C pillars but i only took a pic of the A pillar and they came out pretty good too.

got it all installed today, its not all perfect but its not bad for my first time working with upholstery.

then i decided to remove the old rotten leather from the steering wheel til i can afford the wood and leather one from an E class.

heres the back all done

let me know what you guys think

looks great...how long did it take you from start to finish?

about 2 days but only cause cleaning the old foam off was such a pain in the butt and after i had everything glued i waited till the next day to install everything because i wanted to make sure the adheasive was properly cured before i installed it.

btw the MBUSA Star Service CD says you should remove the passengers door to remove the headliner but a much easier way is to remove the passenger seat and center console and the headliner will come out the passenger door just remember to lay the driver seat back as far as it will go

Great work

I don't mean to hijack the topic, but it's mostly related to what's going on here:

Does anyone know where you could get some headliner fabric made custom with your own logos?? I hate the sellout Louis Vuitton headliners I see and besides that's not my thing.....but I would die for a black suede or luxury headliner that has the Famous Stars & Straps or Volcom logos stiched in the fabric because those are the two clothing brands I am in love with and basically all I wear...heh. It'd be cool if I could start personalizing the interior in that sense.

Something like this:

or this:

If anyone could point me to where something like this could be possibly done, I'd appreciate it. I would have done it already as my headliner is sagging pretty bad, but I just dunno where to go to.
    96 Black C280 (Black Vixen) - Sold/Retired 10/13

I no longer own a w202 and I kick myself in the head every day for it...

Quote Originally Posted by vixen_w202 View Post
    I don't mean to hijack the topic, but it's mostly related to what's going on here:

Does anyone know where you could get some headliner fabric made custom with your own logos?? I hate the sellout Louis Vuitton headliners I see and besides that's not my thing.....but I would die for a black suede or luxury headliner that has the Famous Stars & Straps or Volcom logos stiched in the fabric because those are the two clothing brands I am in love with and basically all I wear...heh. It'd be cool if I could start personalizing the interior in that sense.

Something like this:

or this:

If anyone could point me to where something like this could be possibly done, I'd appreciate it. I would have done it already as my headliner is sagging pretty bad, but I just dunno where to go to.
    You want the inside of your car to look like a pair of pajamas? lol

Great suede wrap! I've been wanting to do this for so long but I'm afraid of messing it up! I may have to give it a go this summer...

Put whatever you want on the headliner. Personally I don't care for promoting brands without getting paid.

Merc headliner was 1/8 thickness from the factory. Many people take the cheap way out and get the stuff from Pep Boys that is 1/4 thick.

This will mess things up especially around the lights. When the fabric is too thick the clips won't seat in place. Also the sunroof cover won't won't slide back easily.

I am currently going thru this right now. The headliner I got from the donor car was covered in 1/4 inch. I had to pull back fabric edges and remove the foam. Sliding the sunroof cover is a 2 hand operation.

Get what you want. Just make sure its the right thickness.

the one i used was 1/8th thick and the sliding sunroof cover was a bit tight the first day but now that its been sitting it slides smoothly now

double post
    Last edited by battosaii; 03-16-2013 at 01:01 PM.