Thread: Question on Power Seats

Question on Power Seats

I am looking at buying a 2006 C280 4-Matic and the memory seat switches on the top front of the drivers door all work but not on the passengers side. The owner says the car was broken into and only the switches on the side of the seat are supposed to work and the memory switches on the door panel were from another car. This sounds wrong to me. What's the story? Are there options where only the drivers side has these adjustments?

On the w203 if there are adjustment switches on the seat that means there isn't the memory seat option and what the owner stars sounds about right. If the car did have memory seats for the passenger side there wouldn't be any switches on the seat itself.
    1994 C280
    1996 C36
    2005 C55
    2013 Volvo XC60 R-Design
    1999 Porsche 911
    ......dang now I know where all my money went.

Quote Originally Posted by mbsickness View Post
    On the w203 if there are adjustment switches on the seat that means there isn't the memory seat option and what the owner stars sounds about right. If the car did have memory seats for the passenger side there wouldn't be any switches on the seat itself.
    Thanks mbsickness!

If you shoot me over the last 8 of the VIN I can run a datacard on it for you if you'd like to see what options it came with.
    But as he said, sounds accurate. Its amazing how often we order the wrong door cards, bumpers, etc at the shop.