Thread: What are some classy/sleek OEM-style side mirrors that can replace my pre-facelift ones?

Question What are some classy/sleek OEM-style side mirrors that can replace my pre-facelift ones?

There have been some minor circumstances when I have needed folding mirrors badly, and my car doesn't have them. On top of that, mine are the pre-facelift rectangle/blocky looking mirrors and personally I would like ones that fold and have turn signal indicators built in.

For my 96, what are some options avaliable that I can find that will still work with my power mirror switch on the console and perform these additional functions? I'm aware that there may be some additional wiring/modifications required to get the additional features working....but these I would really like to have over the ones I have now.

I'm also open to aftermarket/3rd party non OEM, but the catch is they have to look appropriate on the car and still have motorized mirrors. No tacky slap on ones.
    96 Black C280 (Black Vixen) - Sold/Retired 10/13

I no longer own a w202 and I kick myself in the head every day for it...

Question What are some classy/sleek OEM-style side mirrors that can replace my pre-facelift ones?

There have been some minor circumstances when I have needed folding mirrors badly, and my car doesn't have them. On top of that, mine are the pre-facelift rectangle/blocky looking mirrors and personally I would like ones that fold and have turn signal indicators built in.

For my 96, what are some options avaliable that I can find that will still work with my power mirror switch on the console and perform these additional functions? I'm aware that there may be some additional wiring/modifications required to get the additional features working....but these I would really like to have over the ones I have now.

I'm also open to aftermarket/3rd party non OEM, but the catch is they have to look appropriate on the car and still have motorized mirrors. No tacky slap on ones.

Speaking of mirrors.....

It was kind of an impulse buy, but was definately worth it:

It's called a Broadway mirror. Most JDM/Import guys use them as kind of a ricer styling thing, but for me I just like fact the clarity behind me in my rearview is about 100x better and the field of vision about doubled. Because our rearview mirrors are kinda funky shaped, the only way I could get it to fit was flipping it upside down (it has spring tension clamp arms). But I'm happy with it. 20 bucks and IMO it improved my safety a little when I drive.

w210 mirrors with the blinkers...

Quote Originally Posted by wichipong View Post
    w210 mirrors with the blinkers...
    Yeah, I was thinking some would fit from another model but wasn't sure which model it would be. Do all year w210 side mirrors work with the w202?

it would be nice if its the auto folding one... but just putting the w210 mirrors with blinkers makes the car looks new and upgraded... i think mbsickness did that...

Use Broadway mirrors on all my cars, extra wide to see blind spots that your side mirrors don't pick up. ANd they have ones that are anti-glare that helps out really well at night. I know the OEM mirrors do that too, but i feel they're pretty short...
    1997 C280 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by 97C28O View Post
    Use Broadway mirrors on all my cars, extra wide to see blind spots that your side mirrors don't pick up. ANd they have ones that are anti-glare that helps out really well at night. I know the OEM mirrors do that too, but i feel they're pretty short...
    I have a broadway mirror on my rear view already, I love it. To me the stock side mirrors offer ample viewing, but I'm more interested in having OEM mirrors that have the folding option and have the blinker indicators on the housings.

I didn't even know they made broadwy mirrors for the exterior side ones. Can I see pics of yours?

I've been looking for the folding mirrors for some time....they were not an option for the W202 in US. The euros are a fourtune to get if you can find someone who will post to US, most say no cause the don't want the hassle for all the install questions....plus you will need the pre-facelift mirrors from a W210 they have the turn signals but not all are folding....goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by vixen_w202 View Post
    I have a broadway mirror on my rear view already, I love it. To me the stock side mirrors offer ample viewing, but I'm more interested in having OEM mirrors that have the folding option and have the blinker indicators on the housings.

I didn't even know they made broadwy mirrors for the exterior side ones. Can I see pics of yours?
    No, not exterior mirrors
    1997 C280 Sport