Thread: driver's seat

driver's seat

Have any of you guys changed the foam (cushioning) of the driver's seat? my seat is sagging and I would like to replace the foam. any ideas?

no body has done it? or thought of it

ive just started doing a seat swap in my w202.. managed to get hold of a C43 alcantera interior that im changing the leathers over on my sports interior. As mine are non electric and the amgs are i decided to do a straight leather swap so not to have to mess around with rewiring
    swapped the base over today, its not a hard job but you have to take your time. as they say if it went together then it will come apart..!!
    the leather is easy to take off as it just unclips from around the edges then you can slowly pull it away from the base and get to the underneath.... the secret is TAKE UR TIME...

I'm looking to change mine also, its not to hard as mentioned just take your time.

Good work on the retrofit, Can you weigh that non-electric seat before you reinstall?
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

sorry why do you need to know the weight of the seat, looking at the underside the only real difference is the electric one has the 4 small electric motors to move the seat.. still got my drivers seat to do next

For weight savings of course If you have a chance please weigh the drivers seat next time! =)

well took the other one to bits this morning and to be honest both frames are the same, the only extra weight is the 3 small electric motors so probably no more than 2lbs if that per seat..

when you removed the leather of the base was there a lot of foam under it? And most importantly can you remove/replace the foam? I'm debating whether to replace foam of the base if is possible, or to just buy a new base.

the foam was cut to shape but i would imagine it would be easy to get another from the breakers yard and or even then add a small thin layer of foam yourself too maybe to bolster it up a bit

yea I was thinking the same thing of just adding some foam.

Sure it's not just a broken cross wire or two?

I don't really know but the reason y i think is the foam is cause the leather seam like has sank in like is missing something form the bottom. I can lifted up and roll it

My C43 drivers seat has lost some of its loft, As far as I'm aware the lower pads are no longer available from mercedes, however I'm sure you could fit bespoke foam on top of the original for added support/comfort.