Thread: Front windshield shade?

Front windshield blind/shade?

Has anyone thought of installing a front windshield shade? One like a rear shade would work wonders saving the dash (and on with a lady in the car). I was thinking of the old spring loaded pull down shades that your grandma had, but in silver or carbon. Just cut down so it will only reach the top (or bottom) of the window. My issue is how to conceal it under the headliner or under or behind defrost vents. Just pull and hook.
    Anyone kwn where where to find a shade. Skinny enough?
    Last edited by jmonkey111; 04-11-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by jmonkey111 View Post
    Has anyone thought of installing a front windshield shade? One like a rear shade would work wonders saving the dash (and on with a lady in the car). I was thinking of the old spring loaded pull down shades that your grandma had, but in silver or carbon. Just cut down so it will only reach the top (or bottom) of the window. My issue is how to conceal it under the headliner or under or behind defrost vents. Just pull and hook.
    Anyone kwn where where to find a shade. Skinny enough?
    You're joking right or monkeying around?
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

wtf
    W201's: 87 2.3-16 mosselman turbo, 89 2.5-16, 93 AMG 3.2, 93 1.8, 93 2.3 8v sportline x2
    W202's: 97 c23T, 98 C23K, 98 C230K, 98(2JZ), 2000 AMG
    W203: 02 C32 AMG

I've seen one done in Dallas area, but it was electric. Actually looks very legit not (ghetto)and a lot better than putting a foil looking protector. Haha

Why don't you try putting 1 and show it to us.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

I think it should be a crime to use front windshield and legit in the same sentence. I'm afraid the Haha is gonna be on you
    W201's: 87 2.3-16 mosselman turbo, 89 2.5-16, 93 AMG 3.2, 93 1.8, 93 2.3 8v sportline x2
    W202's: 97 c23T, 98 C23K, 98 C230K, 98(2JZ), 2000 AMG
    W203: 02 C32 AMG

Here's me worrying about electrical faults, suspension, rev limits and such. And you want a roller blind built in to the front of the car. Man do yourself a big, big favour and spend your time & money on getting your car driving 110%.

P.s. There's plenty of companies that make those roller blinds to order, for odd sized house windows etc
    JJJ.

i think its cheaper to have your front windshield tinted, get a fix it ticket, then have it re-tinted than spending money on this... its not a good idea... of course it passes your state's laws...

Quote Originally Posted by wichipong View Post
    i think its cheaper to have your front windshield tinted, get a fix it ticket, then have it re-tinted than spending money on this... its not a good idea... of course it passes your state's laws...
    +1 for front windshield tint. I have %50 on mine with the rest of the car being tinted out as well. Reduces heat, I never have to wear sunglasses, and everyone just thinks that the windshield looks dark because of the rest of the car's tints.