Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: M2 PERFORMANCE STAINLESS STEEL HEADER for C230 KOMPRESSOR

  1. #1
    Junior Member CJP28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    29

    M2 PERFORMANCE STAINLESS STEEL HEADER for C230 KOMPRESSOR

    Hey I just discovered this company that fabricates a performance stainless steel header, is any member here familiar with it? Would ya'll recommend purchasing this kit?

    http://www.m2performance.net/index.p...el-header.html

  2. #2
    OG Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,244
    Never heard of them, but I have seen that header by other companies as well. M2 did not fabricate that.
    I'd go with something like supersprint.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	1065
    See how the runners from each cylinder are equal length. That is a quality part. That other one is junk in my opinion.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not loweredó18" AlphardsóStock exhaust.
    Lots Comingó3 piece 18" AMG Aero IIóCustom BagsóWide FendersóW210 E55 Engine Swap with 4maticó

    *1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

  3. #3
    Senior Member vixen_w202's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lancaster, CA
    Posts
    418
    If only they mad a header for the m104. Someone local offered to fabricate me one, but he was asking a grand up front just to start....bleh.
    96 Black C280 (Black Vixen) - Sold/Retired 10/13

    I no longer own a w202 and I kick myself in the head every day for it...

  4. #4
    Senior Member John Jones Jr.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by SLAMMED_C View Post
    junk in my opinion.
    I suspect you could be very well correct. I for sure won't be buying one. And sadly I won't be buying a Supersprint one either, $1200 here in Europe.
    JJJ.

  5. #5
    OG Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,244
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen_w202 View Post
    If only they mad a header for the m104. Someone local offered to fabricate me one, but he was asking a grand up front just to start....bleh.
    It's too bad supersprint don't make one for the M104. And a grand to start isn't too bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by John Jones Jr. View Post
    I suspect you could be very well correct. I for sure won't be buying one. And sadly I won't be buying a Supersprint one either, $1200 here in Europe.
    I wouldn't waste my money on that one. I had a supersprint one on my C230 kompressor, it was amazing. A bit of extra low end torque and it made a change in the exhaust sound as well.
    They are expensive, but worth it in looks and added performance.
    Maybe look for a used one. You never know one may come up!
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not loweredó18" AlphardsóStock exhaust.
    Lots Comingó3 piece 18" AMG Aero IIóCustom BagsóWide FendersóW210 E55 Engine Swap with 4maticó

    *1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

  6. #6
    Senior Member John Jones Jr.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by SLAMMED_C View Post
    Maybe look for a used one. You never know one may come up!
    Good on you for the positive attitude. Fingers crossed I get lucky and find a 2nd one but first port of call will be the usual MAF relocation, larger pulley, a modified intake, uprated intercooler and a reprogrammed ECU. I'll be hoping for a good 40bhp more (am I expecting too much?). After that lot maybe a complete exhaust system with a bypass valve too.
    Last edited by John Jones Jr.; 04-15-2013 at 12:31 AM.
    JJJ.

  7. #7
    Junior Member CJP28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by SLAMMED_C View Post
    Never heard of them, but I have seen that header by other companies as well. M2 did not fabricate that.
    I'd go with something like supersprint.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	1065
    See how the runners from each cylinder are equal length. That is a quality part. That other one is junk in my opinion.
    I see, no wonder this one is cheap. Crappy quality I bet. And that Supersprint sure is nice! I had never seen that header before, I personally am not familliar with any performance parts for the C230 Kompressor to be honest.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •