Thread: Fiber Optic Problem??

Fiber Optic Problem??

nm

Anyone - Buehler????

I got some good answers here
    http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforu...threadid=78651

But, just wanted to see if anyone else had any input. Strange Behavior from the Tarnished Star.

i had the same problem with my car, except i dont have a fone, i took it to the dealership 2 see what was up and it turned out 2 b my head unit.....

I had same issue (twice!), had to get new changer (under warranty)

OG Moderator
    A possible cause of ur problem is the telephone's PSE, I've seen a lot of problems with phones not working and cd chaners not working due to this, saying no cd and no phone on the radio display.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

I had same problem for about a week, 'No CD', 'No Phone' then found this thread and decided to take a look at the wiring.

I pulled and reinstalled the orginal three fuses for the phone circuit (one in trunk, two up front) and now everything is fine.

OG Moderator
    so were those fuses broken??
    what fuse number are they?

They were not broken. Each fuse box has a map on the back of the lid but I believe in the trunk (2000 C230kompressor) it was #8 and in the main front it was #5&6...

Originally posted by Brad
    I had same problem for about a week, 'No CD', 'No Phone' then found this thread and decided to take a look at the wiring.

I pulled and reinstalled the orginal three fuses for the phone circuit (one in trunk, two up front) and now everything is fine.
    in that case it's possible that one of the fuses had corrosion on it or around it's pin, preventing contact and breaking the ciruit... has happened to me on more than one occasion... try cleaning it with electrical contact cleaner...
    95 M3 (US)
    87 190E 2.6
    95 318is (EURO)