Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bagged C43 AMG even lower

ill take more pics tomorrow, in this pic the suspension is hanging and the upper bag mount is slid almost all of the way out of the coil pocket.. with pressure on the suspension it sits much better..

Quote Originally Posted by Malig8r View Post
    the ones I made are very similar to yours, the lower is a circle plate welded to the lower control arm, I did offset it a little more to the inside to straighten out the bag though.. the upper is a circle plate with a 2 inch section of schedule 40 4" OD pipe welded to it, then I went straight up through the spring pocket center with my air line.. the shocks are front shocks from a Jeep XJ, 1995 I think was the year.. although im pretty sure all XJ (regular Cherokee)are the same..
    Attachment 2050
    Attachment 2049

looks about the same! yeah i should have had mine offset from the start. You live and learn though LOL. Why jeep cherokee shocks though ? are they shorter than the OEM shocks that w202 has ? I have been looking for shocks that are shorter than stock w202 and that will also fit the LCA eyelets without an modification to the shock body itself.
    1996 C280 elegance edition - SOLD 9/21/2013.
    1999 C43 AMG - Bagged, Daily driver.

they are about 2" shorter and all I had to do to make them work was press the cross bar out of the eyelet at the bottom and press a sleeve in for the bolt.. I used the rubber isolators that came with the shock except for the top one, I used the Mercedes one.. im working on the front now, should be pretty simple.. Im kind of surprised there aren't more of these out there that are bagged.. Can't wait to see it laying on the ground..what are you using for air management?

they are about 2" shorter and all I had to do to make them work was press the cross bar out of the eyelet at the bottom and press a sleeve in for the bolt.. I used the rubber isolators that came with the shock except for the top one, I used the Mercedes one.. im working on the front now, should be pretty simple.. Im kind of surprised there aren't more of these out there that are bagged.. Can't wait to see it laying on the ground..what are you using for air management?
    4 way manual management. Still the most reliable system on the market for daily driving IMHO, May not be the most accurate for ride height adjustment but. I have no digital computerized controllers or manifolds that can go bad on me. The only electronics are the Compressor, 12v40a relay, and the pressure switch. Hmm I might have to look into the jeep shocks for the rear, I know a buddy and fellow member here who is also bagged runs SLK struts up front on his 202 its a 4 banger though. I got the heavy v8 up there so not to sure i can get away with SLK struts up front.

Im going to take the front shock to O'Rielly Monday and match it up with something similar...

nice

any pics of the trunk setup?!
    1995 W202 C220 | 50,xxxkm | From Burgundy Red, to 650 Calcite White | H&R Cup Kit | 18" 8.5 & 9.5 Work Varianza T1S, 18" 8.5 & 10 AMG Monoblock | Falken 452 | Avantgarde Grill | Philips Diamond Vision 5000K H1 & H3 | Goodridge SS lines | R1 Drilled & Slotted Rotors | K&N 57i CAI | Remus Exhaust

my trunk is empty at the moment, however I will post some pics when it's put back together.. I hope you guys like my car when it's done, it's certainly not going to be traditional from the other cars I have seen on this and other forums..

good luck
    1995 W202 C220 | 50,xxxkm | From Burgundy Red, to 650 Calcite White | H&R Cup Kit | 18" 8.5 & 9.5 Work Varianza T1S, 18" 8.5 & 10 AMG Monoblock | Falken 452 | Avantgarde Grill | Philips Diamond Vision 5000K H1 & H3 | Goodridge SS lines | R1 Drilled & Slotted Rotors | K&N 57i CAI | Remus Exhaust

got the front pretty much sorted out today,using jeep Cherokee front shocks in the front as well.. pressed out the cross pins and pressed in sleeves for the bolts to go through.. used the factory Mercedes upper rubber isolator with the lower one that came with the shock.. seems to be a simple cheap alternative.. I used Monroes 25 bucks each .. made some angled spacers to make sure the bags are aligned when deflated.. tomorrow, i should have it sitting on its wheels on the floor.. hopefully..

got the front pretty much sorted out today,using jeep Cherokee front shocks in the front as well.. pressed out the cross pins and pressed in sleeves for the bolts to go through.. used the factory Mercedes upper rubber isolator with the lower one that came with the shock.. seems to be a simple cheap alternative.. I used Monroes 25 bucks each .. made some angled spacers to make sure the bags are aligned when deflated.. tomorrow, i should have it sitting on its wheels on the floor.. hopefully..

hopefully everything went as planned and youre getting everything tackled today. cant wait to see another 202 layed out on air !

got side tracked today with other things on the car.. did a lot of welding, some modifications to the front brackets.. headed out of town for a couple days so ill get back on it when we get back..

got side tracked today with other things on the car.. did a lot of welding, some modifications to the front brackets.. headed out of town for a couple days so ill get back on it when we get back..
    sounds good dude! ill be patiently waiting the outcome. I like that youre going digital. Ive been contemplating stepping up from a manual paddle valve system to something that is digital

Made some progress today.. had a hard time getting back into it after the weekend.. it's getting there..i used a 90 fitting and made the air line come out of the back of the cup and into the floor.. figured the air line is safer inside the car..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	benz11.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	2089

Made some progress today.. had a hard time getting back into it after the weekend.. it's getting there..i used a 90 fitting and made the air line come out of the back of the cup and into the floor.. figured the air line is safer inside the car..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	benz11.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	2089
    Yup! exactly how I did mine. All airline is ran throughout the interior for the most part.

do you have any pics of your front bags at lift and deflated?

do you have any pics of your front bags at lift and deflated?
    of the bag itself? no. i can take some when i have the front wheels off later this week like on friday to fit different spacers and new tires.

I just want to look at the angle of your bag when it's inflated and deflated

it will be sitting on the floor tomorrow.. got the last bag bracket made today, and installed.. got to run the air lines, fix a couple spots in the floor from the previous owners off road expeditions.. then undercoat and paint the bottom of it...I did manage to get the fenders jammed out today too so when it is sitting on the ground tomorrow it will at least look like a car.. As I have been doing this, I have been looking at different ways that it could be done, I think this fall when I put the car away for the winter I am going to redo the front, and change a couple things.. im pretty sure I can make it so it will lay flat on the ground.. the rear shouldn't be that difficult either..mostly building new control arms (tubular).. this is fun.. figuring it out.. even in 04 when I bagged my 04 f150 it was pretty much a pre engineered front kit with a four link rear.... thanks SD202 for the inspiration! once the bags are done I will be putting some custom paint on it, im going with three colors.. the top is going to be Ford "FX" a dark cranberry pearl.. the bottom is going to be straight black, and to separate them will be Jeep "PDR" which matches the spokes on my wheels... with a little pop added.. I will keep the pics coming... Should I post all this somewhere else? I don't want to piss off any moderators..

it will be sitting on the floor tomorrow.. got the last bag bracket made today, and installed.. got to run the air lines, fix a couple spots in the floor from the previous owners off road expeditions.. then undercoat and paint the bottom of it...I did manage to get the fenders jammed out today too so when it is sitting on the ground tomorrow it will at least look like a car.. As I have been doing this, I have been looking at different ways that it could be done, I think this fall when I put the car away for the winter I am going to redo the front, and change a couple things.. im pretty sure I can make it so it will lay flat on the ground.. the rear shouldn't be that difficult either..mostly building new control arms (tubular).. this is fun.. figuring it out.. even in 04 when I bagged my 04 f150 it was pretty much a pre engineered front kit with a four link rear.... thanks SD202 for the inspiration! once the bags are done I will be putting some custom paint on it, im going with three colors.. the top is going to be Ford "FX" a dark cranberry pearl.. the bottom is going to be straight black, and to separate them will be Jeep "PDR" which matches the spokes on my wheels... with a little pop added.. I will keep the pics coming... Should I post all this somewhere else? I don't want to piss off any moderators..

lol i dont care if you keep posting in my thread dude! i love seeing your progress, I for sure want to redo the rears with new control arms because the bag sits at a pretty aggresive angle for my taste at least. it seems to be putting a lot of stress on the rubber over an extended period of time. But the fronts dont have to much angle to them they pretty much sit straight up and down when inflated and deflated, youre going to have to keep me updated with what your solution for getting the fronts lower is. I already know the rear just needs new LCA's but the fronts had me a bit puzzled. I was thinking removing the factory cup and having a plate style bag bracket welded permanently in place of the existing upper spring cup.

if you go on Monroe.com there is a shock length sheet. You can measure your factory length and see how many inches shorter you need. I do it quite often for my customers with custom applications. If you need a different brand let me know the part number and i will do a cross reference.

Quote Originally Posted by koko202 View Post
    if you go on Monroe.com there is a shock length sheet. You can measure your factory length and see how many inches shorter you need. I do it quite often for my customers with custom applications. If you need a different brand let me know the part number and i will do a cross reference.

Have you done any custom application on a w202 yet? Interested in what your solution was if you have.

That's what im going to do with the front, get a set of uppers for a torsion bar mini truck and new lower control arms.. my rear bags are pretty straight through the whole range..im thinking that I can get some new rear lowers and recess the bags into them a little.. then get some heim joints and tubing and make some new uppers and trailing arms.. the Jeep XJ shocks seem to be the correct length. I too would be interested in seeing other 202 airbag setups..
    1999 C230 Kompressor.. Built to Drive..Driven to Build

it's getting there.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	benz15.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	2091
    1999 C230 Kompressor.. Built to Drive..Driven to Build

No 202s just a bunch of bagged chevys or lifted off road cars but its pretty simple, if you have a 2 in to 4 in drop i would look up the fa

ctory length of the shock and find one shorter, depending on how low you go.