Thread: legit bbs rs rims?

legit bbs rs rims?

im about to buy these off some guy on craigslist. can one of you guys verify if they look legit. i know its hard to tell without the inside but i can check that tomorrow. just wanna see if its even worth checking out if its even real.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2zptx1t.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	1736

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2u4rlvb.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	1737

you can tell if they are real very easily check the stampings on the back of the face. How much does he want for them ? I think I saw these on craigslist san diego located in Mira Mesa pretty sure i know that car and the guy who owns it. And if my assumptions are correct about who he is. Then yes they are real. how much is he asking for them though ? what are the specs ?
    1996 C280 elegance edition - SOLD 9/21/2013.
    1999 C43 AMG - Bagged, Daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by SD202 View Post
    you can tell if they are real very easily check the stampings on the back of the face. How much does he want for them ? I think I saw these on craigslist san diego located in Mira Mesa pretty sure i know that car and the guy who owns it. And if my assumptions are correct about who he is. Then yes they are real. how much is he asking for them though ? what are the specs ?
    17x8.5 ET15 225/45/17 and yeah he is located in mira mesa haha. $900 for the set including tires. good deal?

Quote Originally Posted by SupremeKawaii View Post
    17x8.5 ET15 225/45/17 and yeah he is located in mira mesa haha. $900 for the set including tires. good deal?
    if they're legit . yes that is a great price. Just make sure you check the stampings on the back to make sure they are indeed made by bbs. and you can also tell right away if the hardware is real and actually holding the wheel together. versus the fake bolts that many replica wheels utilize.

Quote Originally Posted by SD202 View Post
    if they're legit . yes that is a great price. Just make sure you check the stampings on the back to make sure they are indeed made by bbs. and you can also tell right away if the hardware is real and actually holding the wheel together. versus the fake bolts that many replica wheels utilize.
    I had another question regarding load index. Its an XL tire so I was wondering what PSI I should keep the tires at. I think theyre 87W XL. I know you dont use tires that have the correct load index for the w202 so what psi do yours at ?

I have been looking at very similar replica bbs rims like these one you posted. They could be legit but I bet that's only a bbs sticker on the center cap. Check them out though to see if the stamp in on the inside of the face of the rim
    1998 Mercedes C230 Elegance
    HID kit - 6000k
    H&R Sport Springs
    Bilstein Shocks and Struts
    Black Vinyled Roof
    Tinted Taillights
    12mm Spacers In Rear
    18 Inch VIP Status Rims (18x8 all around)
    Magnaflow 14833 Muffler
    H&R Front & Rear Sway Bars

I'd run 36psi.

Sometimes 40psi gets you better wear pattern if your pulling some camber. Though 36 should be a good median for up to -2.0 degrees

what remo said. Although when i was running static i would keep them at 51 psi because i had them stretched with massive amounts of negative camber. Now that im bagged they stay around 40-45. because they are still stretched. but i ride closer to factory height so there is not to much camber anymore.