Thread: double din?

double din?

has anyone done a double din? i am thinking it would be a project.. any pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Malig8r View Post
    has anyone done a double din? i am thinking it would be a project.. any pics?
    Here ya go buddy:

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...n-in-your-w202
    ====================
    VISIT THE W201nW202 YOUTUBE PAGE:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/W201n202

1999 Mercedes C230 Kompressor / Rust Bucket, No MODS
    2001 Mercedes E430 Sport
    2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid
    ====================

Here you go in case you want to go aftermarket, did this 3 years ago and everything still works awesome.

made card board template...

made a trim ring out of MDF...

relocated A/C controls to bottom...

Covered everything in 3m Di-Noc

Last edited by c230; 11-19-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Planning on doing same thing... Looks complicated, I have the 3 button dash and the cassette holder (want to eliminate) but I was wondering which would be the easiest way to accomplish this without putting the climate control box in the bottom (living it where it is). Is there a wood trim bezel kit or something close that would not involve the saw?

It's not as hard you think, it took me a couple of hours. You will need to do some cutting but that's about it. I eventually modified the mic on the rear view mirror to work with my pioneer head unit so it feels like driving a newer car with all the features even rear view camera.

Quote Originally Posted by alguz View Post
    Planning on doing same thing... Looks complicated, I have the 3 button dash and the cassette holder (want to eliminate) but I was wondering which would be the easiest way to accomplish this without putting the climate control box in the bottom (living it where it is). Is there a wood trim bezel kit or something close that would not involve the saw?