Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Elegance" body compared to "Sport" body

"Elegance" body compared to "Sport" body

Any changes to exterior body when comparing the "elegance" package to "sport" package? I have a 98 c230

I noticed the side trimmings in elengance models have a grey that does not match my silver body. I really like the solid color in the sport package. Here are some pics of what I'm talking about:

Anyone know how I can convert mine to look like that? Paint job? or is there actually an oem strip which I can fit on... Steve from Netherlands, I know you know!

EDIT: BTW, excuse my photoshop skills, and to the owners of those cars in the pics, I mean no disrespect to your car whatsoever, just needed a reference to show.
    1998 Brilliant Silver C230
    K&N Air Filter
    OEM Mercedes Clear Corners (Bosch)
    OEM Mercedes All-Season Rubber Floormats

bump
    K&N Air Filter

It's an actuall oem part. Sport models do not have chrome as well. Keep in mind the top parts of the bumper are monochromatic as well.

You can either go to the dealer and buy the sport trim or go to a bodyshop and tell them to paint it.

Either way works.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

painting strips with chrome inserts won't work out too well...I have a set of sidestrips without chrome (1 set...all new parts in various colors)...

other differences between sport and elegance:
    doorhandles (chrome)
    B-pillar panels (cf-like)
    window and rooftrims (matt versus glossy)
    rideheight and rims
    97+ sport front bumpers are different then the elegance ones

greetingz,

1993 C250D with 600+k kilometer AND cause of 2 confiscated driving licenses * DIESELpower pur sang
    www.MBenz.NL

can you drop me an email about this? I'm really interested in those sport strips if you got one for 98 c230 in brilliant silver color.

how did you get your front bumper to the sport solid color?

is elegance rear bumper different then sport bumper too?

i like everything else about my elegance (the chrome handles, solid black door pillars, etc) just dont like the side strips in elegance. gotta fix that
    K&N Air Filter

OG Moderator
    What kind of wing is that? Rieger?

Me likey

I think its a opera wing.

http://www.opera-design.de/01e24.htm

more infos there
    K&N Air Filter

Originally posted by Luwin1026
    What kind of wing is that? Rieger?

Me likey
    Please no wing on the Benzo....

You can paint the trim body color if you remove the chrome pieces first. I had mine painted when I had my W210 Mirror painted.

Pics of my car

Regards,

Don
    1995 Imperial Red C36 AMG
    1998 Brilliant Silver C43 AMG
    1999 Brilliant Silver C230 Kompressor with 5-speed manual

OG Moderator
    I did convert mine from chome to monochromatic

BEFORE:
    [IMG]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0PQAbAxgS3yZF5Z0N!GpMZO0oQS*kBBxjr!11Xcm8H3vb6IV3O *1Q0ybx1w1!OAbLdvxuRXjPNIbvVD7vv2oXsytk1nB8Wtb*/duo1.jpg?dc=4675361856372126417[/IMG]

AFTER:
    [IMG]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgDiAmESLUM4aJZYFppvVwsls0hq1cz*5phM9x!2sGikj6UFJ mhEF3VeuBQQ*YxXqMSIikpCwfrpgYpt3UH*lQ8W9NYQ5KySRpu tgavQaHw/DSCN0015.JPG?dc=4675373654981771038[/IMG]

I actually like the two-tone colour of the Elegance models, and I think doorhandles without chrome are "YUK".

Originally posted by mrjones
    I actually like the two-tone colour of the Elegance models, and I think doorhandles without chrome are "YUK".
    :werd:

Rincewind, that's my c230K sport in your first post!!!! Whooo hooo!!! i'm happy you like the sport trim!! haha.
    1999 C230K Sport
    Upsolute Chip
    BMC Airfilter

Originally posted by Rincewind
    can you drop me an email about this? I'm really interested in those sport strips if you got one for 98 c230 in brilliant silver color.

how did you get your front bumper to the sport solid color?

i like everything else about my elegance (the chrome handles, solid black door pillars, etc) just dont like the side strips in elegance. gotta fix that
    All non-sport bumpers (front and back) will have a chrome strip and the grey color moulding throughout, while the sports bumpers are one color. If you get the sports side mouldings without painting the grey color moulding on the bumpers, your car will not match up very well. Just a suggestion.

Also noticed that the first car in the picture has color matched door handles...

Dave

What size...?

Hey I am looking for a set of rims for my c280.

I like the rims on pnsji's 202. What size are they and where could I get a good price on those, if possible here in the US?

I have been told I can put 19x8.5 AMG Monoblock rims on my car... with low profile tires...? Will that poke out of the side at all or rub? They stated I would need spacers, but doesnt that affect the turning stability and performance? I am in need of some advice...

Thanks.
    Justin

1998 C280

19 inchers will have some rubbing im quite sure~

those wheels psnj has are amg aero monoblock ii's

u can find these on tirerack.com
    K&N Air Filter

19" rims won't rub if your car is at stock height but if you're dropped, expect a lot of work on your fenders and wheel wells.

19" rims on stock height is pretty SUV sedan tho, yes?
    K&N Air Filter

it really depends how low you're going to lower your car. If you lower your car with #3 pads with aprox 1" gap between fender and wheel, I don't think there will be any problems, but if you go indo then definitely going to need to find a good suspension shop to do rolling/cutting.

OG Moderator
    My car is using 18x8 and 18x9 AMG Monoblock II.

It is DOABLE to do 19" AMG Monoblock II.

I test fit it very recently.
    I use 19x8.5 with 235/35/19 and 19x9.5. with 265/30/19. You need 10mm spacers in the front and 8 mm spacers at the back.

Rubbing or not depends on your suspension. Roll the fender and flare it a little bit in the front. This should do it. For the back, just trim the bumper attachment a little bit and it should fix it.

When my car with 19", the rear lip is almost tucking inside the fender without passanger

Lightbulb

Are spacers needed with 18x8 all around? Will 18x8 work with no rubbing or modifications?

Do you have a pic of your car with 18's?
    I would like to see how it looks with those compared to 19's (pics if possible?)

Thanks.
    Justin

OG Moderator
    This is the picture of my car with 18"
    http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...s=&threadid=23

18x8 WILL fit without spacers.

Sorry picture of my car with 19" is confidential at this point.

Originally posted by Rincewind
    rear bumpers are all the same (except for that seperate orderable chrome/clored trimpiece on top) but the front bumpers are different.

The elegance front bumpers have a 3 bar bodycolored grill between the two ventilation holes where as the sport just has a plain black grating...

greetingz,

1993 C250D with 600+k kilometer AND cause of 2 confiscated driving licenses * DIESELpower pur sang
    www.MBenz.NL

Thanks for the pics, it is appreciated...

Even the pics with chrome are 18's?

What size tires are they, and how much of a drop do I need on my c280 to rest on the wheels like yours? Please give me some advice....

Thanks.
    Justin

H&R sport springs 1.5 drop and use #1 pads all around.
    You will get what you wish......
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014