Remo,
Thanks! One of the local dealers finally got back to me and I've ordered the caulking gun, it is the same part number you have!

Zayed,
That's the stuff, in WIS it is also referenced as Loctite 5970, which would be great if sold locally but no...only over in UK..

A little more detail on the CLK55 conversion,
I pulled the C43 motor, there is zero oil from the valve seals at 95km's,even if the seals on the 5.4 are minor they are beginning to fail so will definitely do them.

Now that the C43 is stripped and dash is out I've had the tunnel add-ons side by side and it is easily doable,the updated sound deadening and cable trays all slide right in. The diff recess should fit fine also, ironically the sound deadening above is pre-cut for this diff recess in the boot,so MB knew this would be fitted to the CLK55/C55 boot well before 98!.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010897.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	1877

The prop shaft uses same diameter flexi's but with the 4-finger, I find it hard to see how this would be any more durable than the 3 finger,maybe its not for durability but rather less flex!.

Name:	P1010892.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	1878

Even though the shaft and spline size is same, the universal is larger in the CLk55.

Name:	P1010889.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	1879