Thread: C43/CLK55 Conversion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hello's

Excuse the late reply life got busy.

KC, You can swap pretty much any of the 5.4's in you just need various parts from the C/CLK like the oil pan,maybe oil pump etc but always the coolant plug on right side. The air intake/filter from the C43 will also drop onto any of the 5.4's.

Funboy, sure np though the stars will need to align with a time when it isn't broken^^. I still have the c43/clk55 shock, also the Koni adjustables and engine mounts,if you install the V8 ones the car feels much better vs the stock 4 cyl ones.

Krum, I definitely plan to dyno soon, I will use the same dyno we tuned my turbo 202, I really want to overlay results with the 5.4

Few small updates:

Shallow Odd-mints compartment installed with 12v outlet,matching colour coded tray above.(for touchshift MY2000 version but also available for 98/99) ... If you can let go of your matching fake carbon look ash tray this is a perfect mod for anyone wanting somewhere to throw your phone/wallet,love it.
    Unfortunately MB no longer make the black surround for the touch shifter, if you order black you will receive chrome,I hope to find a black one or maybe paint this one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000878.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	2319

Remo,Whilst playing with the ME2.0 C43 ECU I deleted the coding, this allows you to enter new coding located in the EPC, the ME will only accept 9-digit codes it recognises so I was able to find approx. 10 accepted codes including E55. the only thing I couldn't get it to accept was my original C43 code(wtf) anyway:

Name:	P1000872.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	2320

One interesting outcome with a few of the codes was this...I wonder which fuel/ign maps it has though..

Name:	P1000873.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	2322

Cheers
    Last edited by Pagz; 08-31-2014 at 01:02 PM.
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video