Thread: Coil spring compressor rental

Coil spring compressor rental

Snapped a lower control arm. Looking for a mb style spring compressor in the 606 ky area.

It can be done with the normal "screw and hook" style compressor, just not as easy. That's how I did mine anyway. Those can be rented at about any autoparts store.

I have the correct spring compressor. Do you still need it?

Quote Originally Posted by 0yorkie0 View Post
    Snapped a lower control arm. Looking for a mb style spring compressor in the 606 ky area.

how did you snap the LCA? pics of where it failed at?
    1996 C280 elegance edition - SOLD 9/21/2013.
    1999 C43 AMG - Bagged, Daily driver.

Disc9-
    I finally got it replaced. I plan on overhauling the suspension in about a month. If your offer still stands, I'll take you up on it then.

SD202-
    I slammed two potholes. One about a year ago(about 50mph).Then another one less than a month ago(40mph). I inspected my car after the one last year and it appeared to be fine. I did notice my passenger side sagging a lil in the last couple of months, but figured it was a spring/shock issue. Then a couple weeks ago, I hit then the other. As soon as I hit it, I felt my steering tightened up. It was at night and I was about a block from home, so I decided to wait to check it in the daylight. The next day I drove it to work. As I was pulling out of the lot after work, it finally failed at the weld where the ballpoint and swaybar meets the control arm. I'll try to post pics later.
    Last edited by 0yorkie0; 06-13-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Disc9 I wished you lived if Florida I needit today!! No parts store has one that will work. Even with the outside hooks, way to thick to fit between the springs. Needing to replace my lower control arm bushings asap.