Quote Originally Posted by Vetruck View Post
Car was hit a 2nd time- was down for awhile awaiting 2nd repair. Those parts went onto another vehicle and work great.

Alot has changed since this old thread. That was the wife's daily driver. It is now regulated to a 5th vehicle and is on jack stands with the engine and trans out of it being completely modified for another one of my personal play toys. I am slowly still working on this project every once in a while but am in no hurry in life. Many other things I do as well dealing with real race cars and professionally managing race car teams. Wife now has a new CooperS (2016) that she drives. I am putting a 6speed manual into this car, custom headers, some motor work, more chassis work, touching up a few other details. Will probably be down another 6 months so don;t bother asking for updates. I will post them once my schedule fits and I finished this one of many projects. As I stated earlier in this post, I have done this to every vehicle I have pretty much ever owned so yes it is very beneficial. I am a 50yr old person with years of experience with modifying cars. every car I have is more reliable and better fuel millage due to this very same modification of the cooling system.
what a shame what happened to your car, i cant wait to see how this turns out though. once you get a full writeup down id love to do this to my c43/55