My next project is eliminating the mechanical clutch fan assembly off the front of the motor. This modification has several benefits that I will share with anyone interested:
1) It increases useable HP to the wheels by freeing up robbed HP needed to turn the conventional fan.
2) It improves gas mileage via allowing the motor to not have to turn the fan
3) it allows for quicker warm ups to operating temperature
4) it prolongs life of the waterpump by removing the heavy fan clutch/fan assembly off of the water pump snout
5) It frees up a lot of space in the engine bay and makes for easier maintenance and a cleaner appearance of the motor.

The electric puller fan I chose to purchase is a high end SPAL 16" fan. This fan draws a maximum 19amps @ aprox 2024 cfm. It is a high efficiency and sealed/waterproof electric motor. The fan blade design is a curved blade unit which makes for a much QUIETER operation. As we all know, those two little pesky OEM pusher fans up front of the radiator used for auxiliary extra cooling are quite noisy- this one will not be since it has to run most of the time as a primary cooling unit.
These fans sell normally for over $200. This company is by far the best price on the internet@ $109- you can shop around and check the quality and normally very high prices of SPAL
http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/..._Code=30102049

I will next mount this fan directly onto the face of the engine side of the radiator. HOWEVER, SPAL offers a very nice 16" fan gasket seal that will go between this fan and the radiator fins. This gasket does two things, 1) it protects the radiator from constant vibration of the fan and will prevent loosening of the assembly over time, and 2) the gasket seals the fan against the radiator so as to make the air pulling efficiency best possible so 100% of air is pulled through the radiator core by this fans draw- Yes we no longer need that bulky OEM fan shroud in the engine bay.

The next very nice thing I have researched and opted for is a programmable fan controller unit. New technology has presented itself in the last several years and the development of "Pulse wave" fan controllers is here. What these do is vary the speed of the electric fan that it needs to spin rpm wise based on coolant temperature and demand. THis makes for low as possible amperage draw off the charging system. THese controllers are easily self programmed to make a low speed turn on point (50% fan speed), and then also set a high temp full speed point where the fans go to 100%. Everything in between is varied speed ramping up and down automatically to MAINTAIN a constant temp of engine coolant without having to turn the fans on and off cycling and spiking the amperage draw (which changes engine rpm even- you will notice at idle at a stoplight a spike in voltage and engine stumble on earlier controller designs that do not have PWM technology)

Now the beauty of these controllers is they constantly change the fan speed based on demand- thus when the AC cycle on and off they will automatically change the fan speed to 100% with AC clutch engagement, and then back to lets say aprox 75% speed (if that is the current demand speed based on operating temp) when the AC is still on but the AC clutch cycles off. The fan will NOT go on full 100% then off 0% and back and forth.

The next beauty about this controller is it has an integrated feature that you can tap into the high side of the VSS wire coming off the car computer which can be manually set to disengage or shut off the fan at a disired cruising speed (lets say 60 mph- Its what I will set mine at) When the car is moving you have air flow going over the radiator so the fan no longer becomes needed. This saves amperage and fan life. Since freeways speeds are posted 65mph, Most surface street driving remains under 60mph so I would not want auto deactivation of the fan if I am going stop light to stop light generally keeping under 60mph.

here is the controller that generally retails for about $260. I found a best internet price through these guys @ THMotorSports of $224, no tax, and free shipping.
http://thmotorsports.com/painless_pe...i-1928506.aspx