Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clutch Fan Delete/ Add Electric fan Controller

1994 abs control module. I need to look for the Green/white wire coming off of this unit under the passenger side seat- this where I will try to tie into the VSS signal reference wire.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqF,!ocE9eGelY)JBPZ),)239w~~60_58.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	2342

Or- maybe I should just quickly pop out the gauges and check the wires going into the back of the speedo. These would be easier for me to access since the Green/White wire is suppose to go to the speedo cluster. I think Ill try that first to see the wire color combos in those looms first that clip intot he back of the gauge cluster.

Would a electric temp sensor from a car that has a electronic fan work ? ( Like the older house coil thermostats gets so cold turns on ..so hot turns off ) sorry for my ignorance not too informed on how to wire one up I'm looking to do this on my c230 eventually
    I just wondered if you tap a temp sensor" EDIT"into the cooling system"" that opens the current to kick the fan on at a set degree and shuts off at another
    would that work too ? or am I looking at this wrong
    Last edited by vaspen; 09-27-2014 at 05:48 AM.

Sorry, Ive been gone for a few days and not around a computer,

yes basically you can wire a fan to come on and go off via a temp sensor. THat is a traditional methods of wiring them. They are either full on or full off.

Cleaned my shop garage today and pulled the Merc over there to work on it finally today (been on a 3 month hiatas sitting in the other garage half that time waiting on the accident repair.) Time to get going on this project where I left off when the car got hit.

I drilled and tapped the coolant manifold today and fit it with the new secondary temp sensor supplied with the "Painless Wiring" fan controller kit. The directions said its a 3/8"-18 NPT threads but when I measured it the tap required is only a 1/4"-18 NPT threads for the sensor supplied. Damn good thing I checked the sensor into my die set then used the reciprocating tap. This will be a clean installation and look like factory stuff when I am finished.

Car in home shop and ready to begin on the Brabus build again
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0069.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	2446

Close up on the manifold sensor fitment.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0066.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	2447

well?

2 year old thread i know but i've been thinking about doing this for a while..

Quote Originally Posted by action View Post
    well?

2 year old thread i know but i've been thinking about doing this for a while..
    Car was hit a 2nd time- was down for awhile awaiting 2nd repair. Those parts went onto another vehicle and work great.

Alot has changed since this old thread. That was the wife's daily driver. It is now regulated to a 5th vehicle and is on jack stands with the engine and trans out of it being completely modified for another one of my personal play toys. I am slowly still working on this project every once in a while but am in no hurry in life. Many other things I do as well dealing with real race cars and professionally managing race car teams. Wife now has a new CooperS (2016) that she drives. I am putting a 6speed manual into this car, custom headers, some motor work, more chassis work, touching up a few other details. Will probably be down another 6 months so don;t bother asking for updates. I will post them once my schedule fits and I finished this one of many projects. As I stated earlier in this post, I have done this to every vehicle I have pretty much ever owned so yes it is very beneficial. I am a 50yr old person with years of experience with modifying cars. every car I have is more reliable and better fuel millage due to this very same modification of the cooling system.
    Last edited by Vetruck; 05-05-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetruck View Post
    Car was hit a 2nd time- was down for awhile awaiting 2nd repair. Those parts went onto another vehicle and work great.

Alot has changed since this old thread. That was the wife's daily driver. It is now regulated to a 5th vehicle and is on jack stands with the engine and trans out of it being completely modified for another one of my personal play toys. I am slowly still working on this project every once in a while but am in no hurry in life. Many other things I do as well dealing with real race cars and professionally managing race car teams. Wife now has a new CooperS (2016) that she drives. I am putting a 6speed manual into this car, custom headers, some motor work, more chassis work, touching up a few other details. Will probably be down another 6 months so don;t bother asking for updates. I will post them once my schedule fits and I finished this one of many projects. As I stated earlier in this post, I have done this to every vehicle I have pretty much ever owned so yes it is very beneficial. I am a 50yr old person with years of experience with modifying cars. every car I have is more reliable and better fuel millage due to this very same modification of the cooling system.
    what a shame what happened to your car, i cant wait to see how this turns out though. once you get a full writeup down id love to do this to my c43/55