Thread: Instument lighting

Instument lighting

Sometimes when I start my car my temperature light is dimmer than all the rest, and sometimes, you cant even see the reading at all, and other times, it works perfect. Any ideas?
    1995 C 36 AMG

Re: Instument lighting

Originally posted by cian36n
    Sometimes when I start my car my temperature light is dimmer than all the rest, and sometimes, you cant even see the reading at all, and other times, it works perfect. Any ideas?
    My car had the same problem. I just had the cluster LEDs replaced and it was fine after that.

its just normal aging and wear and tear
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

In Charge
    When you replace the bulbs, make sure you do them all. That way they will not shine brighter than the older ones. Besides, when you replace one, you'll be guaranteed that another will need to be replaced right after.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

i got same problem too

I am going to replace them, but why would the bulb go on and off?
    1995 C 36 AMG

why would the bulb go on and off?
    That's a good question and maybe it has something to do with the fliaments in the bulbs. My two previous cars did this and you could get them to come back on or brighten up by thumping the area that was fading or out completely. Then there are just osme blubs that quit working and there's nothing you can do to get them to come back on and then one instance they'll come back to life (my friend's Z28 shifter lights do this).

Even though its a small problem, suggestions are to replace the bulbs and hope for the best?
    1995 C 36 AMG

funny
    i have a similar problem and had it for over a year now lol
    it doesn't bug me i think it's kinda funny and definitely entertained a lot of people

when i turn on my lights, the one far left bulb in the cluster doesn't come on (the fuel gauge i think), so it's dimmer than the whole cluster
    all i gotta do is tap with my finger in a certain spot on the dash above it and it comes on and stays on til next time i turn off/on lights lol
    \"F*** new model cars, we ridin\' ol\' school\" €

is there any way to get the instrument cluster to display a different color or am i gonna have to stick to that orange flavor.
    744 C230K