Thread: C230 K manual tranny

C230 K manual tranny

Hey guys. Anybody know what make and model box on the kompressor. Mine is making abit of a noise and leaks on the side of the box. So wanna look out for a used. Or anybody got a quick fix for the leak

merc make their own boxes

Abbas, Euro boxes are 717.460, I 'd reckon yours is the same. Can't help with a quick fix, as for the noise you could always try a change from ATF to just plain gear oil and for the leak use some stop leak but really there's only one cure - repair the box or get another one. Consider a six speed if you can get one (possibly need the propshaft too), I'm sure that would be worthwhile.
    Last edited by John Jones Jr.; 11-17-2014 at 08:34 AM.
    JJJ.

Thanks John. Looks like I'll have to source another box this one is getting loud. I'm 2000 km away from home and it's getting louder. Got the oil replaced put in 1 pint of normal gear oil and 2 pints of Atf. Doesn't seem to help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141124_184424.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	2406Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141124_184424.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	2406

She packed in 600km from home. Box is now off the car rear oil seal is gone box lost oil and no gears except 4th. Anybody know if the 203 6 speed is a direct replacement on the 202 chassis? There's plenty 203 at breaker yards here hard to get a 202 kompressor box.

The 6 speed out of a 203 c230K will require a different (possibly custom) prop shaft, shortening of the shift linkage, and elongating of the hole for the shifter in the tunnel. It will work, but it is not a direct, quick replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Twichel04 View Post
    The 6 speed out of a 203 c230K will require a different (possibly custom) prop shaft, shortening of the shift linkage, and elongating of the hole for the shifter in the tunnel. It will work, but it is not a direct, quick replacement.
    Thanks.

Wrong.

The 6-speed uses a completely different shifter assembly and not the 3 linkages.

It also requires a longer cardan shaft. The reverse light switch is on the gearbox and not on the shifter like the 5-speed. There was something on the clutch pedal travel that is different but I can't remember what you had to do. Basically the clutch pedal feel would engage very late (up top) and had a lot of travel to no use.

Quote Originally Posted by RemoLexi View Post
    Wrong.

The 6-speed uses a completely different shifter assembly and not the 3 linkages.

It also requires a longer cardan shaft. The reverse light switch is on the gearbox and not on the shifter like the 5-speed. There was something on the clutch pedal travel that is different but I can't remember what you had to do. Basically the clutch pedal feel would engage very late (up top) and had a lot of travel to no use.
    Remo is correct on the linkage its just a single lever sort thing for selecting gears. The slave cylinder is internal not like the 5 speed. Still trying for a 717 460. Plenty 203 boxes though.