Thread: installing a class d monoblock amp need advice and how to

installing a class d monoblock amp need advice and how to

I know how to install one I just want to know if the wires coming from the alternator to starter to battery or however its wired up can withstand
    a 4500 watt amp that literally sucks the life out of shit and pumps it into a sub
    (im getting new subs and amp total rating will be 6000on subs and 5 on amp )~yea I know that probably not the actual number it will hit but they still put more power out than normal

just wondering how would I upgrade the wire running back to the battery and the alternator wires to charge better

Do you plan on running 0 gauge power wire from battery to amp? Using a cap? 1 farad or bigger Cap & and Optima Yellow battery will protect your alternator some. I used to do db comp and never upgraded wire from alternator to battery, just the wiring to amps and battery. Still have the amps too, thinkin' about putting installing in my C36, MTX 225 HO old school cheater amp, rated at 2x25 @ 4ohm hehe.

ive got some experience with sound systems

here are my build logs for my older c220 and my newer c280. i ran 10000 rms in the one build with 1500 rms on the highs and im running 2500 rms in my current build with 1200 on the highs.

if you need I can build an alternator for these vehicles as well. thats the best solution!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/boa.../?fromsearch=1

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/boa...ash-installed/

How much for the alternator what would be the peak rpm to peak charge rate
    I go 7 miles to work one way 45 mph at most mostly 35 in 4th or 5th gear