Thread: C230K prefacelift and facelift ... Differences

C230K prefacelift and facelift ... Differences

I have a 97 prefacelift C230K and a facelift C230K the facelift.. my oh my that car is alive and is flying .. the prefacelift not the same... I was wondering if there anyone out there who can easily let me know what the main differences are .. gear ratios.. diff rations... intake design.. piping? My plan is to to swop out as much as i can from the facelift to the prefaclift... will all the sensors etc be compatible?

Thank you

I have checked many forums and googled a lot... most of the threads and forums refer to the 99 facelift version.. and from what i see there are some items that are different visually.. so i was wondering if i do swop out these parts will they work ?

There were two versions were made that year, a 2.3L 4 cylinder motor (148hp) and a 2.8 6 cylinder motor (198 hp).

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    I have checked many forums and googled a lot... most of the threads and forums refer to the 99 facelift version.. and from what i see there are some items that are different visually.. so i was wondering if i do swop out these parts will they work ?
    I know for sure that the ecu's are different. The latter using the Bosch ME

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    I have a 97 prefacelift C230K and a facelift C230K the facelift.. my oh my that car is alive and is flying .. the prefacelift not the same... I was wondering if there anyone out there who can easily let me know what the main differences are .. gear ratios.. diff rations... intake design.. piping? My plan is to to swop out as much as i can from the facelift to the prefaclift... will all the sensors etc be compatible?

Thank you
    If I may ask why would you want to swop from facelift to pre?

Depends on where you are. Information you receive from US is a lot different then rest of the world. In the state, the facelift started in 98'. In other countries its 97' because we register vehicles differently.

In my experience working on European cars, everytime a 'grey-market' car comes in, it is a total oddball. So be careful of the information you receive, it may not be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by RemoLexi View Post
    Depends on where you are. Information you receive from US is a lot different then rest of the world. In the state, the facelift started in 98'. In other countries its 97' because we register vehicles differently.

In my experience working on European cars, everytime a 'grey-market' car comes in, it is a total oddball. So be careful of the information you receive, it may not be accurate.

Yes that is the case as well here... I have a prefacelift C230K AMG ... and i recently got a rebuild facelift C230K... the rebuild C230k is running now.. and has a whole lot more power than my prefacelift... very noticeable power.. which shouldn't be the case i feel.. so i wanted to swop around some components to test but because the ECU's are different i wondering what the limits on that is..