Thread: C200 problems

C200 problems

Hi

I have a 1998 C200, recently i had a bit of problems. The car starts and runs perfectly, as long as i drive it no issues and i can let it run in the spot for ages and jump in it ad drive perfectly. After a bit of a drive, when i stop at the traffic light the car starts to idle very rough and sometimes it cuts out, if i try to start it it starts but keeps on tarting (the engine is working but the starter is still going) and the it cuts out. if i net it sit for a while (doesn't have to cool off) it starts without a problem.

I have replaced spark slugs, fuel filter, air filter, added a injector cleaners to the tank, did a service, still the same thing.

Any ideas, i don't have the mechanic i can trust and every time i have spoken with the mechanic, I am getting quoted stuff from 1000 to 5000 depending what they think is wrong (without checking the car)

Any ideas?

My knowledge of these cars is fairly limited but the first part of what you're describing sounds like my 99 c280. I recently swapped out all of the plugs and wires and im still getting an intermittent misfire. My next move is to swap out the ignition coils starting with the one the one giving me the current check engine code.

Btw what are the specs on a c200? I can't say I've ever seen one.
    Last edited by drewdowns; 02-05-2015 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Typo

C200 problems

I have been using the seal lub, but am still having problems....I have it at the dealer now...