Quote Originally Posted by RemoLexi View Post
The shifter is direct bolt in. No chopping or hacking, but you will have the newer style shifter gate, you will have to buy a new shift knob because I don't think they swap over.

I just purchased a W203 3.67 diff today, $130 w/tax locally. I also have a R129 large pumpkin w/3.69 still in the blue C36 my friend totaled, it may just be good for r/p swap like you are interested in, since the entire rear subframe is taco'd beyond belief.
Perfect on the shifter info.

Well heck, it appears I was barking up the right tree all the time and had no idea. So the 1995 C36 has the same large pumpkin carrier with 3.69's OEM as the R129 platform carriers. I also see the 2.4-16's came with them also in the 5 sp manuals. (So I am exactly on track with the original 3.67 idea and the factory had already beat me to it with the 3.69...lol- If I am correct with that statement I hope)

So basically if am correct then a R129 3.69 ASR (I know I do not want an ASD rom what I researched) will bolt right into my car? Can you PM me what you are asking for the C36 diff? (if it is in decent shape, Or is the housing damaged and just the R&P salvageable?)

also interested in the shifter and associated parts I need to convert all this that you may have laying around.

based on what the guy from Dearloves recommend TCU link tells me, looks like I am ready to pull the trigger if all this looks like it will all work.
I can get a 722.6 trans freshy rebuilt from Sunvalley MB very near to me for $2000 with new convertor./ Or my original option was just to do the SunvalleyMB 722.423 replacement with conv for $1750. The 5sp auto conversion hopefully will be about 4K or less if this TCU is not outrageous in price. I nee a few new trans lines anyways, but I would assume the OEMs will work based off pictures of both trans types (they basically look the same.) the last questions I would have is are the 722.423 and the 722.6 overall lengths the same or do I need to shorten the driveline.