Thread: 1999 C280 on 18inch Monoblocks (18x8 and 18x9). Need suspension suggestions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks!

I don't think I will be cutting the springs, but instead going for probably the lowest pads I can put in there.

Were my tirerack screen caps taken down? If so, why?

And the Bilstein shocks--as listed above, should I just go for the touring shocks? I am just looking for a comfy ride and little to no wheel gap all around.

Is the lowest springs offered the H&R Sports? I also will want a camber kit most likely because tires weren't cheap for the Monoblock 18s. Rather get a camber kit than a new set of tires with in 10k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by BolivianFuego View Post
    Were my tirerack screen caps taken down? If so, why?
    I didn't moderate out anything from your post ???

As for advice on Bilstiens, I'll let others give recommendations. I already gave my opinion. Koni's are expensive for a reason. Very high quality. I would compare those Touring class Bilsteins to a cousin of a Monroe. They are not performance oriented at all. The other "Performance" ones are equivilent to a Koni Red at best. I can almost promise you if you put the proper H&R sport spring for you application and a TOuring shock with a #1 spring pad your tires will rub under hard braking and cornering. I know my car would and it is a little higher then what you are describing height wise.

I just do not want to see you make a mistake and waste money on something that is not going to be firm enough to control wheel movement with the car that low.
    Last edited by Vetruck; 03-30-2015 at 09:55 PM.