Thread: Help with lowering C280

Help with lowering C280

Hey, so i'd like to lower my 1995 c80. I'm planning on purchasing H&R sport springs and Koni sport short shocks externally adjustable. I'm going to keep the stock rims and tires on the suspension so I'm wondering if there is anything else I need for the new suspension to perform properly and be aligned etc. Also, if there are any suggestions for other springs that may work better with the koni's and my car that would be appreciated as I'm doing this upgrade to improve the handling of the car not just appearance. I don't think I'm going to get any swaybars at this point because i think the stiffer shocks and springs should be enough for now. Please give suggestions on how to properly lower my car for performance, thanks!

i have vogtland springs with koni external adjustable shox, a perfect match in heaven for my C43 AMG!!
    maybe you should replace all suspension arms and bushings on front and rear axle, this will make your car feel like new, i did this on my car when i swapped my suspension from factory parts.

when you lower your car don't fogget to buy adjustable camber arms otherwise you will wear out your tires the wrong way

good luck

If you are using stock wheels and tires, hen i would suggest not worrying about the camber too much right now. The wider wheels and tires will affect drivability, but the skinnier oem stuff will not make much of a difference in tracking straight line if the camber goes bad from lowering too much. i would recommend getting the car where you think you might want it ride height wise, then look into what is needed at that point to correct any parameters that do not have enough adjustment.