Thread: I bought a 1994 c280 with speakers not working, found out that its the amp that died, help?

I bought a 1994 c280 with speakers not working, found out that its the amp that died, help?

Hi, as stated I purchased a 94 c280 with speakers not working for a steal. Everything else is mechanically tight outside of it. I had a local car audioshop look at it and they states that the reason there is no sound coming from my speakers is because the amp is fried. I have two questions. Firstly, I don't believe my system is Bose since I didn't see any branding on any of the speakers but is there a way to make 100% sure that it isnt. Secondly, if my car is indeed not a Bose speaker system, what amplifier should be used. I've searched ebay and all I can find is Bose amps, is there a specific name or model number to the amplifier I should be looking for?

I did a VIN check and found code "810 - Sound System" Would this be bose?

i have a 1995 c280 with bose speakers. The amp that came with the car which is located in trunk next to the antenna is a bose amp, should be black. If im not mistaken i believe the ones with amps are bose speaker systems. Where im at theres w202's in my local junk yard and i always see these amps, idk if they work but i do see them often when i go.

Thanks man! I'm gonna take a look in the morning.

Still need an amp? I have mine from a 95 w202 with Bose that I could send your way.

Sorry to hijack this.

Just bought my W202 C230 last night. Was looking into changing out the speakers and deck. Problem is some one already replaced it back then as well.

What size speakers are they? And how do I know if its a Bose system? I dont see any branding on the speakers to indicate they are Bose.

sony makes a great receiver with a built-in amp. i think the model is mex-bt100. sells for around $200. just had it installed at best buy. they found the same thing, that the stock amp had died. this new sony has bluetooth, as i stream either pandora or spotify 90% of the time. i wasn't looking for something that bounces down the road, just good clear solid sound. next up is to replace all the speakers...

and btw...what the hell am i supposed to do with all these cassette holders? haha. i need something useful there like cup holders. guess i'll start a different thread, but just left the interiors forum and didn't see a thing.