Thread: C230 Tires

C230 Tires

Hi,
    It's time for some new tires on my 2000 c230. It's my daily driver. I live in Nashville and the winter wx is pretty decent, we got a little frozen precip last night, but we don't use snow tires/winter tires here. A friend recommended Kuhmo's- he used them on his a couple of yrs ago. Any other suggestions? I have 15" wheels. Looking for good balance of handling vs. longevity. Thanks! BryceKat

ive used bridgestone potenzas.... but i cant say weather here is that extreme from where you are...

Pretty much the best tire in that category is the Michelin Premier AS. I have them on my stockers and they have a decent ride. I can tell you I have tried the Kumho Solus tires on my Cadillac and they are terrible compared to the Michelin- this is ride quality as well as steering responsiveness. As for lateral grip? Not in those size wheels. it really is a mute point that nothing that size will hold a corner well compared to a 17 or 18x8 wheel and tire combo taking the best 15 and the worst 17- the 17 is an easy win.

I am a tire connoisseur if I may say- I actually just put Michelin Pilot SuperSports onto my car in 225-40-18 fronts and 255-35-18 rears only because I seek the very best lateral grip out there for safety in dry and wet conditions. I always feel bad recommending tires etc due to cost and affordability. TO each it is a personal choice and what one can or cares to spend. I always look at it is the safety link between me and the road. I spare no expensive and will try to spend extra money wisely for that safety of grip.

Thanks guys for your input. Vetruck, thanks for your wisdom on the way you look at tires! That is a good way of looking at it!

@Bryce- I did a little checking around right now and found that this company Accelera makes a 205-60-15 "V" rated tire. They are chinese cheapie tires that I bought and tried a set on my Dodge Neon race car the end of last year and worked surprisingly well- especially for the price. I was looking for some cheap new tires I could beat on in a thrasher class I was racing and actually went from lat to first in 12 laps (32-1st) of a two part 30 lap race. The sizes I was running are 215-40-17, but they do make a 205-60-15. I would actually recommend trying these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/205-60-15-Ac...JVXnIM&vxp=mtr

here's an in car video of that race with the new Acceleras on the car.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1979103_10204460194693353_8312431738484387448_o.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	2903

Thumb down for video on this page link- I have the red helmet veiw half way down the page.
    http://www.ebay.com/motors/blog/irwi...about-america/

Love the video! My wife even liked it. I told her she should cause that's the way she drives. The swelling in my eye is going down, it should be better sometime next week��! She really did like it. The tires look bad ass! Reviews on a British website kinda crap on their wet weather performance tho, and unfortunately we get our fair share and y'alls fair share of rain over here. Thanks Bro!

Love the video! My wife even liked it. I told her she should cause that's the way she drives. The swelling in my eye is going down, it should be better sometime next week😜! She really did like it. The tires look bad ass! Reviews on a British website kinda crap on their wet weather performance tho, and unfortunately we get our fair share and y'alls fair share of rain over here. Thanks Bro!

I use sumitomo h2r,s ? I forget but there decent in winter