Thread: KSport coilovers vs H&R/Bilstein Spring/shock

KSport coilovers vs H&R/Bilstein Spring/shock

Hey guys, I'm trying to decide between the usual H&R and Bilstein setup and these KSport 'coilovers': http://m.ebay.com/itm/KSPORT-KONTROL...636?nav=SEARCH

At the end of the day, I wouldn't mind paying a little more to be able to adjust the height without using spring pads or. Does anyone have any experience with these coilovers or any others? And please, I don't want to start another debate on what's considered a true coilover for our macpherson suspension. Thanks!

i have vogtland and koni yellow shox on my c43 and i love this setup.
    i always ride my shox on stiffest settings, if you want a constant sporty ride this kit is highly recommended

KS Sport is an asian brand, i don't think it's worth buying.
    buy KW, this kit will cost you more than what your car is worth

Not interested in KWs.. the difference in price between the things I listed is not that much and I'm willing to pay a little extra to have adjustable height without resorting to spring pads. Maybe I should've conducted a poll ��

In Charge
    Im running H&R with Bilsteins. Let me know if you wanted to see what it is like. I'm in S. King Co.

I have the K-Sport on my C36. Even with the shocks adjusted as firm as they'd go, it's a smooth ride even when I have the car really low. 18x8.5 Carlsson's in this shot, but I have same-size Brabus on it now. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12718079_1053939291316165_5994013441507137177_n.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	3023

2 months too late guys! I ended up going with H&R/Bilstein combo. My spring compressor came in today so I'll probably give it a shot tomorrow. And Chest Rockwell, I'm the one that was interested in your Brabus wheels. lol

In Charge
    Oh hey. You got a spring compressor? I was thinking of changing out a spring pad sometime.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Denlasoul View Post
    Oh hey. You got a spring compressor? I was thinking of changing out a spring pad sometime.
    Yea let me know when 425-213-7631

I would also vote for Bilsteins. I have got shocks by Bilstein as well, and I must say they've been there for 2 years so far, and no leaks or something. I also had a chance trying out KYB ones, but honestly they did not last long. Now I am planning to replace the shock mounts, as mine rusted (upper) and there appeared strange cracking sound. Here I believe I will go with the aftermarket pieces (https://www.carid.com/shock-mounts/), as OE ones are way too costly. But the shocks are still alive even though they've been on the rusty mounts so far.
    Last edited by theSpeedRacer6; 12-22-2016 at 11:53 PM.

My car also has h&r/bilstein combo for a year now. This setup is one of the best upgrades I did for my vehicle. Bilstein shocks really provide improved handling and control. No more bumpy rides.
    Last edited by berwyn83; 03-28-2017 at 03:27 AM.