Thread: H&R Sport Cup Kit (31007-1) 60mm/40mm "Sportfahrwerk" Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for the advice. Actually saw a Koni spring and shocks combo on ebay from Germany. Looks tempting and does the 40mm/40mm lower. I wonder if it's any good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Koni-STR-T-F...9Us486&vxp=mtr

Quote Originally Posted by Canada202 View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Actually saw a Koni spring and shocks combo on ebay from Germany. Looks tempting and does the 40mm/40mm lower. I wonder if it's any good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Koni-STR-T-F...9Us486&vxp=mtr
    I diid not know Koni was making that crap. Koni has always had mono and twin tube shocks in yellow (racing) and red (street sport). These new Orange aare stated as an entry level shock and are nothing better then an OEM replacement. The reds are piss poor enough for any spirited driving. I would go yellows and nothing else. Also the Monotubes are a much better quality shock then the twin tubes because they reduce operating heat and reduce foaming of the oil, however, the twin tubes are easier adjusted without removal from the car. I run Monotubes on ever car I own except for a crappy s10 work truck.

Just my 2 cents, but an experienced 2 cents.You want performance? Buy Koni yellows. anything else is a sacrifice. Shocks and tires are the most important two purchases in handling. Spend all of your money there.

Matter of fact, I would seriously rather have a car with Koni Yellows and cut down factory springs then a car with any other shocks (over-the-counter comparison) and aftermarket springs. Shocks are THAT important.