Thread: Upgrading Wheels and Tires

Upgrading Wheels and Tires

I have a 1996 C280 with stock suspension. I am thinking about lowering it 1" and then putting on the 1999 C43 factory rims with 225/45-17 on front and 245/40-17 on the rear. Does anyone see any problems with fit rubbing etc?

Hugh

My setup will only rub a little when backing out of a steep driveway at an angle. Here are the specs:
    -18x8.5 ET44 front with 225/40/18 tires, 15mm spacers
    -18x9.5 ET46 rear with 255/35/18 tires, 15mm spacers
    -Eibach Sport Springs with #2 pads up front, #1 rear

The overall wheel+tire diameter of your setup is a bit larger than my setup, but since Eibachs drop around 1.5", your setup might not rub with proper offset and spring/shock absorber combination. If you lower your car 1" and the wheel arches still come too close to your wheels, you can fine tune your ride height using thicker spring pads.

In Charge
    Fit will be fine, but I may recommend rolling your inner fenders as they are factory rolled for the C43 to allow for the wider setup.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Great thanks guys

My buddy runs 17x7.5 wheels with 225/45 uniroyal tires on his '97 c280. There's a slight rubbing at full lock according to him. With your setup, I would roll the fenders to accommodate wider wheels/tires.

Upgrading Wheels and Tires

Hi Gents,

Just asking what Tires and wheels will fit into my car, its a Mitsubishi Attrage, its a basic car not much of a feature but wants to have a good look on it. I prepare to put a wide one and 16, but dont know if it will match the specs of my car. anyone here please feel free to comment.. thanks

I attached a photo which I want my car also to look like..