Thread: C230k upgrade parts list help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

C230k upgrade parts list help

Hello everyone I recently bought a 1998 c230k with 150k miles on it
    Thought it runs fine I’m doing a full rebuild and tuning the engine.
    Now I have looked through many of the existing threads regarding this and have come up with a list.
    If I have missed anything please could you chime in also do I fit all the parts and then get a remap?
    Also what gains am I likely to get.
    Also is relocating the MAS/MAF a good idea

1. Bosch BMW MAS/MAF
    2. Bosch 4bar fuel pressure regulator
    3.intercooler size 27.5x7.25x2.5
    4. Super charger pulley kit 76mm
    Ebay seller emm0332012
    Item number 27337007824
    5. Engine crank pulley kit
    With new longer drive belt
    6. Boost guage

Thanks for helping guys
    Last edited by 2strokepower; 08-19-2018 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Missed something

imo, I would perform your upgrades in steps rather than all at one time.

I would first start with some checks and balances: checking all your lines and condition of your oil separator and related lines top and bottom, air filter box for any oil contamination including the MAF (use CRC MAF cleaner) and the throttle body intake line, oil and filter change and s/c oil change, rad hose and replace those first.
    Then do a good internal cleaning with seafoam top end cleaner and berryman.

Relocating the MAF closer to the intake (up top vs. OEM location beside the radiator) does improve the dead spot around 2000-2400rpm. Easy swap. Search on Benzworld for the oem part bag to do this swap and/or use a 2.75' down to 2.5" silicon 90 elbow reducer (what I did) to connect the intake from the I/C line to the MAF for a smoother air flow transition from the I/C.

For #1, I'd stick with Bosch Original Equipment 0280217114 Mass Air Flow Sensor (MAF).
    For #2, this works fine, or you can go nuts and use an adjustable one. - https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-VW-Audi...c/111963132346

I'd hold off on the intercooler for now to see how each stage upgrade works out, unless you really have a desire to pull off your front bumper...

#4 dont know who this seller is as the listing goes nowhere. imo, I would not swap out this one. The OEM clutched pulley is the best development MB came out with for the Kompressor. You remove this and your mileage will degrade, more stress on your 2.3L with the S/C running full-time (you're asking for potential headaches down the road)

#5 Speer main crank pulley kit - best back for your buck. sells on fleabay too. (this would be the first step for power upgrade and no REMAP required) You can REMAP later if you want but then you'll need to upgrade a few more things with this REMAP.

Note: adding upgrade pulleys has it's caveats too: read up on it at the other forums.

Thanks for the reply buddy , right regarding engine , I’m planning on a full rebuild by myself and recondition the head.
    Or is that just waisted time?
    So you would recommend and adjustable fuel regulator.
    Intercooler wise the car is in bits anyway so probably will.
    I’m rebuilding the Super charger also and polishing the throttle body up too.
    Regarding the crank pulley I have been told a 10OHM resistor needs to be added?

Quote Originally Posted by 2strokepower View Post
    Thanks for the reply buddy , right regarding engine , IÂ’m planning on a full rebuild by myself and recondition the head.
    Or is that just waisted time?
    So you would recommend and adjustable fuel regulator.
    Intercooler wise the car is in bits anyway so probably will.
    IÂ’m rebuilding the Super charger also and polishing the throttle body up too.
    Regarding the crank pulley I have been told a 10OHM resistor needs to be added?
    I wouldnt rebuild it at this time. imo, it's wasted time, unless you know there is an issue with the motor and there are signs of problems.
    Dont really need an adjustable fuel regulator. The one listed is plenty.
    So if your I/C is is bits and pieces, did you inspect the intake and out take lines for any oil contamination?

Rebuilding the S/C to polish it up is a personal call if your trying to gain every last bit of HP gain. Adding the Speer kit is a straight bolt on, no resistors needed or remapping.
    That's why I suggest you do this in stages so you can gauge yourself if it's adequate for your hunger for more power.
    (Remember, it's not just power and torque, look at your suspension upgrades too; it's a package upgrade imho.
    And note: the W202 Kompressor is NOT a car you an turn into a racing machine. The objective is to maximize the gains with 'minimal cost and time' due to the age of this beauty.

There's also this, but it's pricey..... Sprint headers....
    https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/me...nifold.aspx#!/

When I say in bits I mean the bumpers are off , lights are out and so on.
    No I will check all the lines and hoses for oil.
    Yes I bought the car because I like the shape and styling and just wanted to add some easy fit upgrades just to get it a bit over 200BHP.
    Yes the car came with a suspension kit.
    And WOW! That header kit is pricey double what the car cost me LOL!
    Also I’m just going to rebuild the S/C not polish it , but whilst I take off the throttle body and clean it I may aswell give it a polish.
    What I will do them is a compression test on each cylinder , and try some sea foam buddy
    Last edited by 2strokepower; 08-20-2018 at 02:31 AM.

https://www.benzworld.org/forums/r17...2428273?page=2

Here is more info you may wish to read up on in the R170 section to assist you during your rebuild.