Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What kind of suspension does everyone run?

On my 1999 C280 I have a set of Penske 7500 series shocks that are adjustable for both compression and rebound.

The compression side of the valving is digressive, which allows fairly high low speed damping for good feedback and the digressive piston keeps the high speed compression from being harsh on big bumps or sharp edged bumps that cause high shaft speeds.

The rebound side is a linear piston that allows the rebound function to increase slowly with higher shaft/piston speed.

In short the shocks work very well and can be upgraded to run a remote compression reserviour.

In the rear I have a Speedway Engr. straight sway bar of 19mm diameter which I connect a set of arms to by a splined collar. The swaybar arms attach to the car with an aluminum tie rod with heim joint, rod ends that transmit the cornering forces more quickly to the bar to reduce the lean angle of the car.

The front bar is stock buy with Delrin bushings to limit swaybar deflection, which causes it to act like a larger bar.

For springs in the rear I am running an Eibach straight rate race spring 2.5"ID, 500 lb/in spring rate. This spring sits on an adjustable spring perch and allows me to raise or lower the car using a 19mm socket. Takes me 1 min to raise or lower the car 1 to 3 inches either way.

For the front springs I am running a 600 lb/in spring rate on a similar adjustable spring perch.

The Eibach sportline spring kit uses a rear spring rate of 385 lb/in once past the progressive part of the spring. While the front spring rate is 440lb/in.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

H&R with bilstein sports running #1 pad in front, and according to my dealer no pad in rear.

willpower
    speedybenz: NIIIICE setup!!! Do you have any other info re: the Delrin bushings?

maxboxa: how are the Koni's treating you?

Nokia: let me know too about the V6 C280

My setup: H&R with Bilstein shocks and #1's all around... Lorinser swaybars sitting in my room but may not need them if my OEM Sportmodel swaybars are more effective.

In Charge
    H&R's with the stock AMG/Bilstein shocks.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Speedy,

Do u know what the spring rates are for the Cup kit springs for the C280? I'm wondering if I can improve the handling even more with higher straight rate springs like the ones u're using and match those to the cup kit dampers. Thanx for n e advice.

H&R Cup Kit baby!

Speedy...do you currently only have compression adjustment capabilities? As far as I read, rebound adjustment requires the separate adjuster?
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

CKlasse
    Rebound adjustment? That's the shock absorbers' job isnt it?