Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anyone ever bought "Mercedes-Benz" illuminated sills from formymercedes.com

the part number for the illuminating doo sill covers is:
    B 6 6 89 00 09
    B 6 6 89 00 10

I dont know why there are 2 different part numbers.. I have 2 kits both containing the same parts:
    2 Front door sill cover with mercedes benz that will light up.
    2 Rear chrome door sill cover (no illumination)
    1 Wiring harness
    1 Instruction manual
    so I dont understand why there are 2 different aprt numbers.. maybe 2 different kits.. one for the model updated and 1 for earlier W202's??

you will still need to purchase the actual light up part seperatly from this sill/wire harness kit.

* this was made by slammed c and I don't know if these numbers pan out, further more, if it is only front el, I would rather have the most OEM as I can, I really am not fond of putting anything that is not oem in my car, I bought clear corners from bekkers and grill from formymercedes, and I am still mad I didn't go to the dealer and get it there, granted I saved money, but damnit, I want OEM
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

Clear Corners, ss oil filter, avantgrade grill, sport pedals, clk door pins

those part numbers look legitish...but if you're going to get anything in the B6 XXX XXXX part range it's going to come either straight from affalterbach, or some one who got it straight from affalterbach. BTW can you post pictures of the sills you have on hand?

It's going to be a long shot trying to get it from a local dealer. If you do find someone who can supply parts in that range, please let us all know.

And for the ultimate prize...if you can get me one of these:

B6 695 3813

I will bow down to you and give you mad props. No it's not expensive...just a bia bia to track down.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

I'm sure tom can do something about it, I mean unless you have already called him, I could also go by laguna nigel mercedes dealership, they are known for being a top mercedes dealership, I'll give Tom a call tomorrow, I was thinking about ordering the r170 cd player from him, maybe he has this stuff too, if you guyshave a part number on the euro xenon lights, that would also be a big help, I really want those, I have some money to blow and looking to get some cheap mods done out of the way, I went through my friend on his "connect" for shocks and springs, also have on order igk ird plugs and mag wires, I need to pick up some number one pads if yous have number for those? I was thinking door sills and maybe something else I mean I am looking to spend around 400 usd for some mods besides the stuff listed already, Door sills and i suppose chrome boot, unless anyone has better ideas on parts, I really wanted the heated washer fluid mod, but have no idea how to install that stuff, I also was thinking aux trunk lock, but for 270 usd I'd pass for now, I wanted to get command instead of euro single deck, but living on campus I will most likely get jacked, I have seen plenty of kitted out civs and new C's broken into and just keyed, so if you guys have other mods I could do let me know, I was thinking puddle lights, but not sure if you can have door sills and puddle lights, I would like the puddle light on the rear of the front seat like steve has, that would cool, or light inside center armrest, I can't really wire shit up, but if anyone wants to help, I'd be more than happy bring all the parts and take you out for a nice lunch afterwards if someone wants to install any of this stuff for me....
    97 C280 RIP 09-14-07 killed by a reckless rice rocket jetta (I just try and remember the good times)

***C43***

also as for the part number given by slammed c, is that for rear also? I don't need rear if its not el, I would only want fron, and what is the item of the part number you listed for, what is it?

***C43***

well b6 698 3813 is not in us part data base, its a german part only so being dtm you should be able to get it, and by the way, what is this part?

***C43***