Thread: C32 front brakes on a W202?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J Irwan View Post
    I will say it again it will be bolt-on straight up

Since the mounting position on the C32/W203 as trailing caliper you would have to reverse it on W202/W208/W210 as a leading caliper.
    But it will work.

I however found out a way to install it correctly on W202/W208/W210 a.k.a not in the reversed way (like most people who had done this convertion).

check this thread out.

I am also aware of the one directional vented rotor part.
    However, if you do this brake convertion it shouldn't be worse than C32.
    Although to get the maximum brake is not achieved here with the rotor being one side (directionally vented) obviously Mercedes thought that this should be fine for street use.

But if you want to Autocross, or track the car you GOTTA pay the premium buy the best brake you could buy i.e MOV-IT, Brembo, StopTech, APRacing, WilWood, etc..

but for the money it is no brainer it cost 1/5 of brembo and 1/4 of Stoptech and MOV-IT, and 1/3 APRacing .. you get the idea.

But in short you get what you paid for.

But for the money it is worth it. (better than stock Non AMG car's brakes for sure)

Regardz,
    Hi guys
    Can access the thread as I'm a newbie here can you please give more info about fitting the 4 pot calipers to w208 without changing the sides?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Astamir View Post
    Hi guys
    Can access the thread as I'm a newbie here can you please give more info about fitting the 4 pot calipers to w208 without changing the sides?
    Cheers
    There is really nothing relevant on the link. Just three posts them talking about moderator privileges and nothing to do with brakes.

In Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetruck View Post
    There is really nothing relevant on the link. Just three posts them talking about moderator privileges and nothing to do with brakes.
    Unfortunately, when we changed the site over, many links were broken.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

I know this is an old thread but I'm upgrading my 1999 C230 Kompressor to Bigger rotors and Calipers

What I am using:
    2000-2 CL500/S430 Calipers ($100 ebay pair)
    2002 SLK32AMG Rotors 330x32mm (amazon $36 each)

problems I encountered is I had to space the calipers 10mm and use 45mm long M10 caliper mounting bolts
    this is due to the rotor offset. I found some GLK rotors that move the rotor back 8mm but have not found some to play with yet.

found some longer brake lines that would work from a 64 VW Bug 19" long (about 490mm) ($10 each)

Trying to find some used SLK32 backing plates ($200 pr NEW). Ordered some for a E430 4Matic ($40 pr NEW) but it uses the wrong mounting since its AWD.

Has anyone done the same conversion??

My 95 C36 I am going to go to E55 Brakes. Since the rims on that car is 18" already