Thread: lowering C36

lowering C36

wanting to lower my 96 c36
    any thooughts? suggestions?
    wat companies? or if u guys have for sell...?

Volgtland , eibach ,H&R all spring companies

or you can cut them!

springs are around 280
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

i dont want to cut em...
    hm..is there any brabus suspensioN?

Originally posted by W202
    i dont want to cut em...
    hm..is there any brabus suspensioN?

Brabus makes springs too so does carlsson and i think lorinser but not sure of w202
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

Brabus springs are very hard ride... most ppl on here have gone the H&R route! do a search on springs, there will be many threads
    Alps
    C36 AMG 1997 18\" Mono II, Light Smoke tints, Avantgarde grill, folding dimming 210 mirrors, H&R`s, Alpine Multimedia, Soundstream, OEM Xenons more to come.....

once again, i bought my H&R springs NEW from ebay for 260 shipped, the car handles great with them, plus the drop is perfect, rear tucks and front is almost tucking, but that is because i have 2 pads in front

ELvir
    Baaa

if you install lowering springs, does that automatically mean new shocks or does just make sense to change both at the same time.

Is there a 101 on lowering your suspension for the w202? like, what # pads do you choose? what shocks? what springs? what height ?

I've heard the bilstien and h & r are the best combination.

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by benzdude
    if you install lowering springs, does that automatically mean new shocks or does just make sense to change both at the same time.

Is there a 101 on lowering your suspension for the w202? like, what # pads do you choose? what shocks? what springs? what height ?

Handling wise H&R , Koni is the best combo

But H&R - Bilstein is what most people have of their car.

Some people actually complaint that Eibach spring a lil to soft, so they decided to go with H&R which are firmer (not harsh !!!)

There is no lowering 101 for W202.
    It also depend on what year is your car since 94-96 W202 use different spring and spring pad than 1997-2000 W202 use.

Also as far as the best drop for street driving that is also relative depend on the road condition that you live in and also how big the aftermarket wheels on the car (16, 17, or 18 inches).

The best way is probably trying to browse member ride in gallery, and when you see the "right" drop for you then contact the owner

Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

Luwin has a set for sale

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by benzdude

do a search on the forum, i posted how to lower a car for somebody once. once you know how to lower your car you can fine tune the look with different pads.

Here what i have in my 97 c280 :

H&R - nice springs and love em

Bilstien - there pretty cool nice comfy ride like stock, at first a big inprovement over stock, but once your use to them you want some thing stiffer to have more fun with.
    Got BRABUS?

What year is your C36? I have a set of Brabus sport springs for sale. They give the car a 2" drop.
    \"Children in the front seat can cause accidents, accidents in the back seat can cause children!\"

even though my car isn't dropped yet, and yes im rollin on 18's that's makin me look like im in a 4x4, but I have researched a drop that I wanted for my car and I think it's best to use

Eibach Pro Kit and Bilstein Shocks.

To have a softer ride, and not *AS* bouncy as other springs.
    But of course, I think everyone with a drop will bounce over bumps in the road..

Does anybody have this setup with some pics? and a view of what they think about their ride?

H&R Cup Kit!

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by c230kompresssed
    even though my car isn't dropped yet, and yes im rollin on 18's that's makin me look like im in a 4x4, but I have researched a drop that I wanted for my car and I think it's best to use

Eibach Pro Kit and Bilstein Shocks.

To have a softer ride, and not *AS* bouncy as other springs.
    But of course, I think everyone with a drop will bounce over bumps in the road..

Does anybody have this setup with some pics? and a view of what they think about their ride?

Just to clarify so it's not confusing anybody else.

As Eibach is softer, it will be bouncier than H&R.

My definition of bouncy is when you go over a bump or small pot hole the car suspension is moving up and down , up and down, up and down (before it's stabilized) more frequent than it's supposed to. And it will happen with softer spring. But with stiffer spring it will not bounc as much, but when you hit that bump/pot holes you'd feel the bump more than softer spring.

Also bouncier ride can be attributed to improper application of shock
    i.e car is lowered with stock shock, and the shock is shot. IT will not give you the proper damper. And as a result the movement of the spring has no dampening.

PS: Have you seen a cadillac go over a bump, it will bounch up and down, up and down several times (smoothly) before it stabilized.

(edit: typos )
    Regardz,
    J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

or have you ever seen a lowered honda civic with cut springs bouncing all over the place?

listen to J, he's the master
    \"F*** new model cars, we ridin\' ol\' school\" €

Originally posted by 98_Benzo
    What year is your C36? I have a set of Brabus sport springs for sale. They give the car a 2" drop.
    mine is 96 c36

Originally posted by W202
    mine is 96 c36

any pics so we kno what we are working with?
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

dont have any side pics..