Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wiechers Strut tower bars

Angry Wiechers Strut tower bars

Yo 2o2erz

Hey i am problay buying some Wiechers strut tower bars. Do you guys know if they fit on the C43? I have searched and found that they dont. But i am wondering if there is a way? I emailed some lady from wiechers but she has not replied yet. So i am gonna ask you guys. What is exactly the problem from them installing?

TIA
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

I also would like to know if fitment is posible on a C43, but I think the air box is in the way
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

Originally posted by speedybenz
    I also would like to know if fitment is posible on a C43, but I think the air box is in the way
    From the pics posted yesterday I would say that it is aft of the air box by a bit. Looking at Mike's, there's all sorts of stuff in the way. I'm wondering how effective it really is if it is a thin wall 6061 T6 tube. I'd like to see a FEA of the design. There are a lot of bending moments being applied to the tube because of the bracket location, design, and tube shape/design. Common Talk: It's not a straight line to complete that triangle. I can feel the floor pan of my car flexing under my left foot when I'm cranking hard Rt. turns. Deadman's foot rest or whatever you call it. I use my rt. heel, butt and back, as the reference for the left foot. The first time I noticed it I was surprised. That subframe floor panel steel is surprisingly thin. Any kind of a brace is going to help but I am hesitant on cutting 2 rectangular slots and poking holes. It's not easy to make it back to stock anymore.
    moebiusgold
    \'95 C36

We've tried it on a C43 about 2 yrs ago .
    It won't fit the cuz of the throttle cable.
    Even with adaptor that comes with it.
    Don't know now if they have modify it to fit
    C43. I can't seem to remember whether the throttle cable can't be relocated some where else....
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Originally posted by JRE320
    We've tried it on a C43 about 2 yrs ago .
    It won't fit the cuz of the throttle cable.
    Even with adaptor that comes with it.
    Don't know now if they have modify it to fit
    C43. I can't seem to remember whether the throttle cable can't be relocated some where else....

You cant remember?
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

Wiechers lady emailed me back. She said they would have to see a picture of the engine bay to know. WHAT THE FUCK kinda answer is that?? Its their fucking product how dont they know. ITs this kinda shit that pisses me off. Dumb people (i guess i shouldent be talking)
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

But does ANYONE know if they fit, i assuming not.........
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

Originally posted by jnolte
    But does ANYONE know if they fit, i assuming not.........
    They dont "bolt on" but you can make them fit by being creative.

Please keep in mind there is drilling to be done to actually mount these to your car.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Originally posted by nokia8860
    They dont "bolt on" but you can make them fit by being creative.

Please keep in mind there is drilling to be done to actually mount these to your car.
    Do you think would be that hard? Also did you notice any improvments in handling?
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

Do you think would be that hard?
    To install/fab mounting it on a C43. Nope. But then again I am unsure what your skill level is when it comes to creative modifications.

Once you receive the bars and place it on your car you will see where the problem is and it will be up to you to figure out the best way to get around it.

Best of luck and keep us posted of your findings.

CKlasse
    Wiechers lady emailed me back. She said they would have to see a picture of the engine bay to know. WHAT THE FUCK kinda answer is that?? Its their fucking product how dont they know. ITs this kinda shit that pisses me off. Dumb people (i guess i shouldent be talking)
    The product wasn't originally designed for the C43! It only makes sense to see the engine bay first. But I guess you don't have the C43 to even show her.

I asked the seller and he said that it comes with an adapter plate to mount the throttle cable below the strut bar in the same postiion. was this is the only problem when you guys tryed to install one?
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

You see even with the adaptor it would not work....
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

If someone was to order two of them I will buy one and report how best to mount it. I have pretty good fab skills, but not great.
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

Originally posted by speedybenz
    I have pretty good fab skills, but not great.
    psshhhhh then that will mean you wont be able to mount them.

you need to have monster garage fabricating skills to master the art of bolting on a strut bar. :bandit:

Shoot and I was hoping I could handle this with my big file and hand drill.

Could you send me the tools list for completing job, or better yet can I come down and have you mount the bar for me.

See ya Saturday.

Thanks, Jeff

Originally posted by nokia8860
    psshhhhh then that will mean you wont be able to mount them.

You need to have monster garage fabricating skills to master the art of bolting on a strut bar. :bandit:
    Ahh, "Monster Garage" is way down my list of fabrication experts. No offense here but almost everyone I work and play with are at least that good. I would have thought from Jeff's backgrond that he'd have these skills but maybe I'm wrong again.
    On this subject a couple of Junkyard Wars were pretty impressive. In my bood as far as fab goes, to be good you can make just about anything from anything. Almost anyone with basic mechanical skills can fab with new material and the correct tools equipment. The next level up is the same with the wrong tools. So junk with the wrong tools into something like a biplane is pretty impressive in my book. Sorry that this doesn't have much to do with a 202.
    moebiusgold
    \'95 C36

Originally posted by moebiusgold
    Ahh, "Monster Garage" is way down my list of fabrication experts. No offense here but almost everyone I work and play with are at least that good. I would have thought from Jeff's backgrond that he'd have these skills but maybe I'm wrong again.
    On this subject a couple of Junkyard Wars were pretty impressive. In my bood as far as fab goes, to be good you can make just about anything from anything. Almost anyone with basic mechanical skills can fab with new material and the correct tools equipment. The next level up is the same with the wrong tools. So junk with the wrong tools into something like a biplane is pretty impressive in my book. Sorry that this doesn't have much to do with a 202.

Okay heres a challenge.... Fabb me up some custom C43 Strut tower bars!!
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

Joey,
    Why don't you show your strut so jnolte
    would drop his jaw... and get more jealous...
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Joey,
    Why don't you show your strut so jnolte
    would drop his jaw... and get more jealous...
    Sounds good to me, lets see joeys strut
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

Did you get in touch with Brabus regarding the strut? Or you already got one?
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Did you get in touch with Brabus regarding the strut? Or you already got one?
    I was going to buy struts from that racerxx guy. But i changed my mind, I would like to buy just a rear one and dont want the front because it wont fit, maybe later when i have more $$ i will buy a front and make it fit... I dident know Brabus had one for sale...is it front or rear?? Hmmmmmmm
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

Originally posted by moebiusgold
    It's okay, you're just missing a little joke.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

Ok sure. Here is a portion of it. The rest of it is soooo big it wont fit on your screen. And Im afraid if I show the whole thing it might rip your screen apart.