Thread: What springs should i choose this time?

What springs should i choose this time?

Hey guys

I am deciding what springs to go with. H&R has the most drop(thats what i like) Eibach has less drop. How bout Vogtland springs?? ANybody have Volgtland springs? How far down does it drop your car? J Irwan how much did you cut your springs?? Should i cut the front springs one coil? And run #1 pads all around? I am not sure what to do. I like a LOW drop but maybe not too low where everything drags. Ilike Pnsjis ride hight the best. What are you runnin? Any spring coil cut? TIA
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

don't cut your oem spring.. thats dangerous..
    i use to drive a honda civic... at first i thought it would be the best
    way to go and the cheapest... but its too bouncy and you get bad control... cutting spring is not the way to go..

Originally posted by sleek_benzo
    way to go and the cheapest... but its too bouncy and you get bad control... cutting spring is not the way to go..
    I am nopt going to dissagree on "its not the way to go" but what you needed was more shock. Cut spring=higher spring rate=more dampening needed. Now we have to include the tire sidewall in the picture too but I'll just leave you with it is also a spring (so is all physicall stuff) and there is some tuning to be done/required there.
    moebiusgold
    \'95 C36

H&R Cup Kit.

its simple, if you liked your last set up, do the same thing again

ELvir
    Baaa

Originally posted by C280 JR
    its simple, if you liked your last set up, do the same thing again

ELvir
    Too bad he didn't buy it back from the Ins. Co.
    moebiusgold
    \'95 C36

I have a freind that could sellme some Eclass Brabus springs. FOr the w210. Will these work with a C43? I know they have same spring pads. But do you think it would fit good? And do you think it would drop the car as much since its for a heavier e-class..i could always cut them!
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

CKlasse
    Originally posted by sleek_benzo
    Nothing wrong with cutting springs as long as they aren't progressive spring. Being too bouncy is on the shock setup

EDIT: oops.. Moe beat me to it already

H&R Springs all the way.
    2006 WRX Limited
    1998 C280

well.. i dont like to risk safety for style.. i guess thats just me.. and besides its a mercedes.. doesnt your car deserves the best anyways

Re: What springs should i choose this time?

Originally posted by jnolte
    ...ANybody have Volgtland springs? How far down does it drop your car?...
    No need to cut coils, the Vogtland springs(#952079) should drop your car about 40mm.

I had Vogtland on my C230 coupe and thought they were just fine. Also, after taking the Vogtland Tour , I know that they know springs. I am even considering dumping my Brabus springs for the Vogtlands.
    1999 C43 - Carlsson 18\" 1/6 Diamond... Vogtland Springs ... Koni Ext. Adjustable... Clears...

Re: Re: What springs should i choose this time?

Originally posted by KWiK
    No need to cut coils, the Vogtland springs(#952079) should drop your car about 40mm.

I had Vogtland on my C230 coupe and thought they were just fine. Also, after taking the Vogtland Tour , I know that they know springs. I am even considering dumping my Brabus springs for the Vogtlands.
    Well hey if u get rid of ur brabus i will buy em from you!
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    CLS55 IWC edition

Re: Re: Re: What springs should i choose this time?

Originally posted by jnolte
    Well hey if u get rid of ur brabus i will buy em from you!
    You could just buy the Vogtlands then swap me...

Then your car would look as good as this...
    1999 C43 - Carlsson 18\" 1/6 Diamond... Vogtland Springs ... Koni Ext. Adjustable... Clears...

In Charge
    I think our friend jnolte would prefer a drop like his old car:
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

I don't mean to thread-jack or anything, but I'm in the same situation but a more specific question.

Would you guys prefer H&R Sport Springs on Koni Sport shocks, or an H&R Cup Kit? I'm hesitant about the cup kit because my brother has them on his BMW and the rear springs seem very soft and he rubs all the time.
    Any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Martin

Volvo,

The best suspention set up for our cars is H&R with Bilstein shocks

Elvir
    Baaa

Ok guys i m gonna tell u guys something about the H&R Cup Kit.
    Which it had been test by myself with Metric Motor Sport at the Thunder Hill Race way.

H&R Cup Kit is a very good set up for Pro-Tracks (Ralley racing)
    But not a good idea for evryday driving.(at least for w202)
    They have Shoter shocks, and most drops of springs.

Stiffer Springs with softer quick rebound shocks( which provides great tracktions around the corners at high speed or high speed doing lots of turns)

But. with Cup Kit installed, you will wants to make sure you have 17inch or less size wheels and correct off-set( the w202 max offsetwill not bee good), and with the correct camber adjustments, also sway bars to comeplete teh whole suspension.
    which will cost lot more and sometimes are not sueable to daily driving.

For daily driving, the Cup kit will give u so much drops that u have to make sure u rolled ur fenders and narrower wheels to make sur eit doesn't rob teh She*hT out of ur fenders (trust me)
    And have more tehn 2 passangers in ur car? forget about it.

on top of that the Drop that Cup kit Gives are too low that will decrerase teh performence of teh car, unless u modify the comtrol arms.

So at the end. Cup kit it is good for what they can do, but do you really want to spend that much money to do all that for just daily driving?

H&R Sports spring drops are nice and just right.

By the way, will anyone wants to buy teh Cup Kit from me???? i m selling it, no joke

CKlasse
    w202 on Vogtland springs....

Originally posted by CKlasse
    w202 on Vogtland springs....
    what size spring pads are you using?

Originally posted by MBATF
    Ok guys i m gonna tell u guys something about the H&R Cup Kit.
    Which it had been test by myself with Metric Motor Sport at the Thunder Hill Race way.

H&R Cup Kit is a very good set up for Pro-Tracks (Ralley racing)
    But not a good idea for evryday driving.(at least for w202)
    They have Shoter shocks, and most drops of springs.

Stiffer Springs with softer quick rebound shocks( which provides great tracktions around the corners at high speed or high speed doing lots of turns)

But. with Cup Kit installed, you will wants to make sure you have 17inch or less size wheels and correct off-set( the w202 max offsetwill not bee good), and with the correct camber adjustments, also sway bars to comeplete teh whole suspension.
    which will cost lot more and sometimes are not sueable to daily driving.

For daily driving, the Cup kit will give u so much drops that u have to make sure u rolled ur fenders and narrower wheels to make sur eit doesn't rob teh She*hT out of ur fenders (trust me)
    And have more tehn 2 passangers in ur car? forget about it.

on top of that the Drop that Cup kit Gives are too low that will decrerase teh performence of teh car, unless u modify the comtrol arms.

So at the end. Cup kit it is good for what they can do, but do you really want to spend that much money to do all that for just daily driving?

H&R Sports spring drops are nice and just right.

By the way, will anyone wants to buy teh Cup Kit from me???? i m selling it, no joke
    Talking from experienced. Cup kit are soft and believe or not I saw couple of people coming back asking to take off their the cup kit. Replced them with regular H&R sport springs. If I were you I'll set it up with H&R and bilstein sport shocks with #1 pad all around.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014